PDA

View Full Version : Sizing for a pouch carrier

allange
04-17-2003, 02:31 AM
I ordered a pouch from hotslings which I love. However, because the sizing is a little too big for me, I plan on asking her to make the pouch a little smaller.

I want the pouch to fit snug. I don't know if I should reduce one or two inches. For those of you who have made your own slings or pouches, how did you determine the right size?

Also, do any pouch owners find that the leg area (of child) gets red from the pressure from the edge of the fabric?

Angela

egoldber
04-17-2003, 07:17 AM
When I made mine, I just kept putting my DD in it and checking it. I took it up about 2 inches at a time.

But if you need her to do it, I would have soemone help you measure. Put your babe in the sling, hold your child where you want the sling to be and then have someone else mark on the sling the amount of fabric thay are able to take up on the other side.

I have never had the sling dig into my DD's legs. Make sure you have the fabric of the sling fully extended under their legs. It should go pretty much to their knees and be like a little "seat". And also, make sure that the other side of the fabric is pulled up as far as it will go, almost to their arm pits. This will ensure they are secure in the sling. The opposite side of the sling )over your (shoulder) should be pulled over your shoulder, so that the fabric is not against your neck.

HTH,