PDA

View Full Version : Instep Stroller Backpack

momentofclarity
04-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Has anyone used one of these little gems? Looks great, a lightweight stroller that converts to a backpack. They have them at www.babyage.com. Please post what you think, if you have one.

Tondi G
04-18-2003, 06:27 PM
A friends has one and has used it extensively ... only complaint form them was the wheels kinda dug in their behinds while using it as a backpack!!! Overall they liked it though! We have a Kelty Convertible backpack and it is also great... has more support and better harness than the Instep and seemed more comfy all around... makes a great little extra stroller to have around too, it steers great!!!! I just saw one for sale at a resale/consignment store today actually!!!! Check E-bay for both the kelty and the Instep!

~Tondi

allange
04-18-2003, 08:07 PM
We have the Instep stroller/backpack and I love it! My daughter never liked strollers but she liked the Instep stroller because it keeps her upright and she can even stand on the mesh part at her feet. I also found the backpack version very usable because it is very light and small.

Some negatives are that it is very difficult to sleep in because it is so upright. Also, my daughter quickly outgrew the stroller at around 14 months so I only got a few months use out of it. I wish I had purchased it sooner. There is virtually no storage.

I tested out the Kelty version but it is much more bulky and heavier and I knew I wouldn't be able to carry it on my back. They have the Kelty version at the Right Start so you can take a look to determine if it is for you.

I purchased the deluxe version at etoys for something like $60. I think for the price, it is great and my daughter loves it. I am sad that she has outgrown it.

Angela