PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/stroller choice--I've been reading too many threads! :)

Daisy918
04-20-2003, 10:07 AM
This is a great site!

I currently own a Graco LiteRider and I hate it. It's huge, heavy, and my daughter slumps in it.

I have read and read and read :) these threads and I'm down to the following:

Perego Aria
Zooper EZ (I want the Z-Street, but it's pricey)
Combi Savvy Soho
Inglesina Swift

Which do I get? I'm 5'2", so height is not a concern. DD likes the napper bar (she sticks her feet on it all the time!) on the Graco. I want a stroller that is small-ish in my trunk, but one that I can use all the time--mall trips, walks around the neighborhood.

Thanks! I can't wait to see the replies!

Momof3Labs
04-20-2003, 10:34 AM
I have an Aria, and Colin is not comfortable in it. He slumps a lot and then starts fussing - so only short trips with that stroller. On the other hand, he LOVES the Pliko and the Chicco 2002. Plus, there are only two recline positions on it - up and down.

Just something to think about, since our babies are the same age.

Tondi G
04-20-2003, 09:30 PM
I would definetly try the strollers with your child in them if you can first...

If your daughter likes a napper bar than get another stroller with a napper bar.... that would immediately knock out the Zooper EZ and the Inglesina Swift....

I haven't seen the Savvy Soho... again I would say check out the stroller IRL if you can... or any Combi for that matter... maybe a travel savvy or Savvy Z.... should be similar.. make sure you like them. My hubby and I decided the COMBI's just felt too flimsy for us and he kicked the back wheels, he's 5'11"!

That would leave the ARIA... now some people have them and LOVE them, others aren't happy with them. One good thing is you can get brand new ones on E-bay for close to 50 or 60 bucks! Common complaints would be the HOOD is TINY almost useless.... so you will want to use sunscreen and put a hat on your kiddo for all day trips outdoors (The Zoo etc.)... the wheels are rather small so it isn't a great outdoor stroller (ie neighborhood walks)... and I felt the padding in the seat wasn't great. NOW the Peg Pliko is definetly an option for you.... we use ours inside and OUTSIDE for all our neighborhood walks on Broken LA sidewalks adn it handles it great!!!! It is very comfy for babys and toddlers, has the option of working with an infant seat, has a GREAT Hood, and has a napper bar (newer ones have a tray too and a cup holder for parents), folds nice and compact. If I were you I would have a look at the Pliko... then go on E-bay and buy one there either new or gently used for a great price!!!!! Good Luck Hope that helps!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01! (A pliko family!)

momathome
04-21-2003, 08:05 AM
Ditto on the Pliko - love it!!!
-Lauren

emilyf
04-21-2003, 08:08 AM
If this is going to be your main stroller I think you will want something a bit more full featured than the ones you mention- a zooper z-street or a pliko would be great. I know a lot of places are putting plikos on clearance with the arrival of the new ones, and I have seen a couple of z-streets on stroller swap (they used to be called breeze). I would look around and see if you can find a deal on one of those. I don't know much about Combis, but one of those might do the trick-someone else might know which ones.
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

Calmegja
04-21-2003, 09:13 AM
Yep, add me to the Pliko chorus...I know it's not on your list, but we can we suggest an addendum? ;-)

For what you described, a Pliko would suit you very well.....

Daisy918
04-21-2003, 09:16 AM
Okay, I'm thinking I should get a Pliko :) .

I'm looking online and there are so many--Pliko-Matic, Pliko-Trek, Pliko SNG--are they all the same?

Also, where can I get one cheap? TIA!

Tondi G
04-21-2003, 10:42 AM
A pliko is a Pliko..... same frame just some different features maybe... like a built in rain cover in the hood or maybe comes with a snack tray for Baby!!! Find the one that is the cheapest with a fabric you like and go for it!

E-bay probably has the best deals on Plikos!!!!!! Check them out first!