PDA

View Full Version : Sheets for Mountain Buggy Urban Single carry cot?

cnelson
04-21-2003, 03:27 PM
I am planning to order a MBUS with a carry cot and I am wondering whether anyone knows of any sheets that would fit the carry cot.

I understand that it comes with a pad that has a cotton cover, but the cover is not removable. I'd really like to be able to put something washable over it, especially since I plan to use the carry cot as a portable bassinet in my house for a few months. I have checked with customer service at both joggingstroller.com and juststrollers.com and neither knew of any sort of sheets that fit. Does anyone have any ideas?

By the way, for those of you who own a MB carry cot, how long have you been able to use it? I am hoping to get three or four months use out of mine, but I am wondering if that estimate is on the high side since the cot is fairly small and my husband and I are both tall.

Thanks for any input.

Cheryl
Cheryl

ginalc
04-21-2003, 03:38 PM
You can try placing a pillow case over the bassinet insert. Tuck any extra material underneath and out of sight. Also, my babies tend to spit up frequently, so I place a clean cloth diaper under their heads as well.

HTH,

gina, mom to 3

yahud
04-21-2003, 05:18 PM
Supposedly MB is working on some official carry cot sheets... they will be made by baby-be-safe (add the www and the .com for the site). But still no formal announcement.

I would like the sheets as well.

y

beckyr88
04-21-2003, 11:59 PM
Cheryl,

I just put a lap pad under where her face goes (although we don't really use it as a bassinet). It's worked for us so far.

Sadly, we didn't use it as much as we'd expected and hoped... She still fits in it at 2 months, however she doesn't like to be stolled in it. We end up having to carry her and push the stroller!! Just last week we took out the bassinet and put in the regular MB seat....I'm hoping that DD's future siblings will enjoy it!!! :) :)

If you're using it as a bassinet, you will for sure get more use out of it than we did.

Good luck!!

cnelson
04-24-2003, 10:22 PM
Thanks for your replies. The pillowcase idea is a good one -- I think that's what I'll have to do until they come out with sheets that fit the cot. I hope my baby likes being in the carry cot or my husband will never let me live down spending the money on it!

Cheryl

cnelson
04-24-2003, 10:26 PM
I keep on ending up with a double signature on all of my messages. I'm hoping this time I won't. I've never used a message board before this, so pardon me while I try to get the hang of it!

ginalc
04-24-2003, 10:28 PM
Many moons ago......when my 12 yr. old was an infant.......I had a beautiful pram that I bought used. We lived in Scandinavia and walked everywhere. The pram had a bassinet insert much like the MB bassinet that I used outdoors and transferred into her crib when we arrived at home. It was so cozy and comfy I used it every single day, every time she slept. I still miss that sweet little bassinet.........

Even if you only use it for 4 months, it's worth every penny! :)

gina, mom to 3

cnelson
05-02-2003, 06:57 PM
I just found the answer to my own question about sheets for the Mountain Buggy Urban Single carry cot, so I thought I'd post this for anyone who's curious.

I was at Babies R Us today and came across a sheet that I hadn't noticed before that fits the carry cot perfectly. It's a Carter's 100% cotton knit bassinet sheet (for 6.99) that fits a 12" by 29" bassinet mattress.