PDA

View Full Version : What color hip hammock or walking rock farm carrier do you have?

Andrea S
04-22-2003, 07:55 AM
I am getting ready to decide which carrier I am doing to order and I wanted to get some feedback on fabrics.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

Momof3Labs
04-22-2003, 09:36 AM
I used to have the denim hip hammock with green fleece interior (but sold it off) and now have a black WRF carrier with a purple interior.

Kate888
04-22-2003, 10:02 AM
I have the denim hip hammock with black fleece interior. It's very soft and comfy for Maya. She loves it :)

HTH,

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Rachels
04-22-2003, 10:07 AM
I have the tan cordura HH with black fleece interior. It's a little darker than what showed on the site, but it's nice. The outside is easy to wipe off, but it's soft and cushy for Abigail.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

gravymommy3
04-22-2003, 05:07 PM
Lori,

Do you like the WRF carrier? I have a HH and I am sure I could sell it but I would take a loss and the WRF is more money. Is it that much better?

TIA

sparkeze
04-23-2003, 12:51 AM
I have a tan w/purple inner WRF. The tan for the WRF is a light khaki color and the tan cordura for HH is almost brown. My friend has one and she also thought that it was a lot darker than she expected.

Momof3Labs
04-23-2003, 07:55 AM
I like the WRF carrier better, but to put it in perspective, I bought both on eBay (the WRF carrier was about $30 shipped, like new) and then sold the HH on Parents Place for the same price I paid for it. So, for me the WRF carrier was worth it is because it was a great deal and I didn't take a loss on the HH.

Is it worth taking a loss on the HH and buying the WRF for full price? Probably not, unless there are specific things you don't like about the HH that the WRF fixes. What don't you like about your HH?

gravymommy3
04-23-2003, 11:09 AM
I like my HH, but sometimes the strap gets twisty and wants to dig into my neck (I think from the weight of the child). I was just wondering if the WRF does that or not.

Momof3Labs
04-23-2003, 12:34 PM
I haven't had a problem with the strap twisting (but then Colin is only 16 pounds) and the padding is much better on the WRF strap - it is a nice, thick padded strap instead of the skimpy padding on the HH strap. I only tried my HH once or twice because the strap was digging into my neck so much. But what I really like to use as a hip carrier is my Mom & Me Creations fleece pouch - absolutely no digging into my neck with this one, and Colin loves riding in it!

Andrea S
04-23-2003, 03:51 PM
lORI,

Do you like your Mom & Me better than WRF? I am flying to visit my parents soon and need to decide on something soon b/c I will be traveling by myself. Andrew is 21 lbs is it good for big baby? Where can I see it online?

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

Momof3Labs
04-23-2003, 04:01 PM
Andrea,

Personally, I do like my Mom & Me fleece pouch better, especially at about half the price of the WRF carrier (unless you can find another deal on eBay ;-)). Partially, because it seems more flexible (e.g. I can easily slide it around front with Colin in it), and partially because it less complicated (no adjustments - just slide it on and slide Colin in). But some people don't like sling-style carriers (and some babies don't either). It is a little warm, probably warmer than the WRF carrier.

Colin is only about 16 pounds, so I can't say how it is with a bigger baby. I have to be careful of my back because of a history of problems, and I can carry him in the fleece pouch for an entire grocery trip with no problems.

www.mom-and-me-creations.com

www.kangarookorner.com also carries fleece pouches, but her price is $15-18 higher.