PDA

View Full Version : Re-sale of Mountain Buggy or Bugaboo

prettybutton
04-22-2003, 09:18 AM
Hi, I've been an avid lurker and this is my first post here.

I am considering the Mountain Buggy w/ carrycot, sun shade and storm cover or the Bugaboo complete w/ the cot and shades included. $ have recently become a concern in my family.

How much do you think one of these strollers would bring on EBay? I'm thinking about 50% of their original cost after 3 years of use. I live in a suburban environment and will mostly use this stoller as get in shape walking of 1-3 miles over sidewalks.

I've been only recently turned on to the Bugaboo and have been expecting to purchase a MBUS--does anyone have opinions as to which one is more appropriate for lots of neighborhood walking? I think it's the Bugaboo cot size that is swaying me but I know that cute pram stage is not long!

SORRY-I WASN'T CLEAR IN THIS MESSAGE--I meant how much would I be able to resale one of these items for after my use of a new one?

heva
04-22-2003, 09:20 AM
I think you'll have a hard time finding a Bugaboo on eBay, unfortunately. They have only been available for a short time in the US and it seems everyone who buys one is so happy with it, they're not selling! Good luck - I'm hoping to get a Bugaboo, too...

Momof3Labs
04-22-2003, 09:45 AM
It's hard to say because both of these strollers are relatively new, but good quality strollers usually bring a good price on the secondary market, even after they have been used.

Of course, condition greatly affects the price. And the popularity of the stroller - if something much better comes along between now and then, it would impact the resale value of the strollers.

If money is an issue, there are less expensive alternatives - one of the dmart sites (dmartstores.com or dmart2000.com) has the Emmaljunga EC Sport for around $200.

Personally, I would hesitate to base a decision on a carry cot - Colin hated the flat-on-the-back position and even as a tiny baby (only weeks old) insisted on riding semi-upright in the stroller!

HTH a little!