PDA

View Full Version : buggy bag or floppy seat???

arizonamommy
04-22-2003, 02:51 PM
What is the difference between these two items? Which is better for the supermarket?

Thanks,

Marcy

Daisy918
04-22-2003, 03:02 PM
This doesn't answer that question, but I have the Clean Shopper--I think it's like the Floppy Seat. I got it for 23.99 from kidsurplus.com

TrinaCliff
04-22-2003, 11:12 PM
I have the buggy bagg and it's wonderful! It's really cushy and padded...it folds into itself and then zips up..and it has all the great little features (toy pockets, infant pillow, crotch padding, etc.)

I wouldn't trade mine in for anything...LOVE it!
Kristen

luvtoshop
04-23-2003, 05:29 PM
HI--I just received my black/gingham buggybagg. It is a lot bigger than I expected and my dh says he will not be caught dead with it at the grocery store. It's still sitting in the box....hope I can get some use out of it.

I'm sure it's great and it is very soft, but it's bigger than my diaper bag!

: )

zen_bliss
04-23-2003, 09:54 PM
earlier, i tried to find out if anyone had tried a new cart cover called the snazzybaby and essentially got buried by a salespeak dissertation by an overzealous buggybagger. i do get it, versatility is great -- i just don't want something that bulky / expensive / and in kiddy fabrics. i also do NOT think it is fair or in the spirit of this board to say it "seems like just another cheap imitation" without the benefit of having used it.

several people have endorsed very happy experiences with the clean shopper, which i think is only $29.95. you might want to do a forum search for that one. baby ala cart is the other one i've seen discussed.

here is my experience in trying to decide and order. ok, so i took all the fervor over the buggybagg to heart and thought ok, maybe it really is worth the extra $$$. i contacted buggybagg about making me a seat if i provided the fabric. it took them literally weeks to respond to my email asking how much it would be. i was a little shocked that it there is no 'fabric credit' -- it is the full $69.95 (in addition to what i would pay for the fabric).

on the other hand, snazzybaby responded promptly and was quite flexible in offering to look for the fabric i wanted and help me customize a seat at no extra charge. I feel that she is VERY responsive and easy to work with. i am looking for fabric on my own (because i am a fussbudget -- but i am SO impressed that she offered to do it for me!) , but i think this one is a deal at $40.

i like that the snazzy is somewhere between the bulk of the buggybagg and the bare bones of other seat covers. it has pockets on both sides, toy attachment rings, and a coupon/parents pouch on the back (this isn't on the site yet, this is from our emails). i asked her and for the record, yes, the snazzy seat is padded and sewn so the stuffing doesn't shift and is washable, and fits warehouse carts and highchairs as well. i'm sold! as soon as i get mine, i'll post a review.

and she isn't defensive about the product -- she says if you want a diaperbag/cart cover all-in-one, the buggybagg absolutely is the way to go. i don't -- i spent too much time picking out my fashionable diaper bags with the help of this board, LOL, and i just want a smaller cover to keep in my car for shopping!

and, a side small but potent point -- i prefer to support WAHMs.

just my 2 cents.

Rachels
04-24-2003, 08:07 AM
I have both, and EVERYTHING about the BB is better. There's no comparison.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

smomom
04-24-2003, 09:21 AM
I, too, am sold on the Buggy Bag. I debated on spending the extra bucks, but I thinks it's a quality product. I didn't have any problems with response - I found the customer service to be excellent.

alandenisefields
04-24-2003, 10:39 AM
We would like to apologize for the readers of our board. It has come to our attention that one member, Hunter2000, is not who she claims to be. Despite the above denial, we have learned that Hunter2000 is actually the owner of the site BabyBagsDirect, an authorized distributor for the Buggy Bagg.

Any vendor who violates our terms of use for these board (that is, uses the boards to spam/pitch our readers) will be removed. Hunter2000 and all her posts will be removed today.

We have established these boards as a free-wheeling discussion for the readers of our books BABY BARGAINS and TODDLER BARGAINS. Occaisionally, we allow vendors to post here---BUT only to answer a direct question about their product or answer a complaint. Of course, those vendors who cross the line and work to plug their product will be removed.

We apologize for the problem with Hunter2000. If you discover another situation like this, feel free to email us at [email protected]

Thanks again for using our boards,

--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE
Web: www.windsorpeak.com.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 303-442-8792
Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

--
The readers speak! Check out our new message boards for our books at:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

--
Have you seen our new book, TODDLER BARGAINS? It's brand new! For details, click here: http://www.toddlerbargains.com

blnony
04-24-2003, 04:09 PM
With all the hoop-la about this, I still think I will give my review. I opted for the Baby ala Cart, mainly because it was cheaper, and I've found that its been great. I don't use it a lot, just in highchairs and shopping carts when we are out, but I've found its a great product. It rolls up, has a carry strap, and is cheaper than the Floppy or BB. I just wanted to put this out there as an alternative. I did have to wait about three weeks for it to arrive, but thats the only problem I had with it. It also washed fine, after a messy highchair incident.

luvtoshop
04-24-2003, 05:34 PM
I thought it was only fair that I return and post a review after I actually got the BB out of the box and was alarmed to read what had transpired.....nonetheless, here's my review:

I had posted that my husband wasn't thrilled with the way it looked and I just thought it was really big. I didn't expect it to look cute or snazzy (oops, should I say snazzy--hee!) since I ordered the black checkered, I just wanted to keep my baby germ free...

The BB definitely kept my baby germ free! We went to Red Robin last night for dinner--our "usual" with baby. : ) I snuck the BB into the back of the car to try it out--dh said "I thought you were returning that" -- I thought it was only fair to really try it before deciding against it. Well, it was very easy to unfold and place into the standard wooden high chairs that restaurants offer. It had plenty of cushion to support my 6.5 month old that is still wobbly. The extra pillow did offer the extra support. I used the loops for her toys and was happy that her hands were always resting on the BB and not on the icky high chair.

All in all, I was pleased with the BB--yes, it was a bit larger than I'd like but the extra padding was what my dd needed so I'll live with it. I would probably prefer the look of a snazzybaby cover--cuter fabric and may still get one so that I can have something "cuter" for nicer restaurants. : )

It is very large and will probably accomodate a larger basket nicely. We live in the city and don't frquent the larger stores that have the big carts. So it will primarily be used for restaurants.

I ordered it from buggybagg.com directly and did not use the other site.

I'm glad the Fields came in and put a stop to the biased postings. I love this bb and must say that I've used this bb for many, if not most, of my purchases. I trust your expertise and love hearing the feedback. Where else can I find such a great group of stroller-holics & diaper bag loving parents!

ameelo
04-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Wow...what a drama. I too raised my eyebrows at the ardent tone of the aforementioned posts but am glad thats taken care of.

That being said...she did sucker me in and I did purchase a BuggyBagg from her site. LOL. Oh well. But I would like to offer my review also.

I have both the Clean Shopper and now the Buggy Bagg. There really is no comparison of the two because they're different levels of products. My Clean Shopper was fine for shopping carts that it fit but unfortunately, it didn't fit many of the carts so there were many exposed cart parts. And it was extremely difficult to fold and keep tidy in the trunk of my car. I just couldn't figure out a way to keep it folded. And it required two hands to install.

The Buggy Bagg is very easily installed one handed and I keep a package of goldfish in there for those "emergencies" that require distractions. LOL. Thats a nice plus. Nicholas just tosses the pillow over the side of the cart so I've detached it and no longer carry it in the bag. It is VERY well padded. I am so pleased with it's padding. I love the way it stores too. I do not use it as a diaper bag. And I can't believe that anyone ever would. Its HUGE and bulky and not that attractive. There is one thing that I do not like about the BB. The back is a flap of fabric that contains the pockets and it flips over the back of the seat part of the cart. The front is elasticized and fits over every size cart handles. However, since the sides and back are not elasticized, the bag doesn't rest entirely on the back and sides of the cart. The larger the cart, the more "away" the bag is from the sides of the seat area towards the back. If the bag were elasticized a bit towards the back also, you could fit it over the back of the cartseat entirely. But without it, some of the cart is exposed. But Nicholas doesn't seem attracted to those parts as the vast, vast majority of the cartseat is covered and he doesn't seam to notice the "naked" parts. I'm totally rambling at this point and noone probably understands a word I'm saying. LOL.

Anyways, I really do like the BB, but I think that there is a padded bag that is elasticized both in the front and the back. That might be the way to go if you are a total germ freak. I am a semi-germfreak so I think I'll be happy with the buggy bagg.

Happy Shopping!

Amee