PDA

View Full Version : Cross Country travel with a 2 year old

smiyashiro
04-22-2003, 03:46 PM
I'm traveling from CA, through Chiacgo, to NJ with my 2 year old son this June. My husband won't be able to join us. I'm tempted to check in the Britax Roundabout car seat so it's one less thing I have to lug through the crowds. Yet, I know this is not the safest option for my son. Any suggestions to make the trip easier? Is there a smaller carseat I can purchase just for the plane? I'm worried that Chicago is a big airport, I will have to run to the next gate and lug a carseat, toddler plus backpack through the airport.

Thanks for your ideas to make this an easier trip.

ginalc
04-22-2003, 10:43 PM
Have you seen the Sit-N-Stroll?

https://secure11.websitecomplete.com/banjo/shop/showProd.asp?prod=1991

gina, mom to 3

strollerqueen
04-23-2003, 12:46 PM
I love my Sit N Stroll for travelling. I always used it when I just had one baby. WIth two, it gets more complicated, but that is down the road for you!

Btw, it is not much of a stroller. I also bagged one and checked it with my luggage. But it is great for wheeling through airports. You can also sling your diaper/carrybag on the back. It says "FAA approved" in big letters on the side. Believe it or not, that really helps when I was sometimes hassled about using the car seat on the plane.