PDA

View Full Version : Kolcraft Universal carrier

JP4
04-22-2003, 06:46 PM
I've been searching for a lightweight stroller to use for quick errands. After much thought and research, I've decided to keep my bulky travel system and cheapy lightweight FOR NOW and maybe buy a P3 or something similar later. My baby is 7 months old, but has a infant seat that can be used up to 35 pounds and inches. The Kolcraft works with my car seat and I can get it for a great price. Is it worth buying to use for the next 6-8 months for errands. I could just pull out stroller, snap carseat in and then snap him back into the car (instead of in and out, in and out of car seat) and still have a lightweight stroller that fits in store aisles. This sounds like a great solution for me! Is there a weight limit on the Kolcraft?

Momof3Labs
04-22-2003, 07:00 PM
Will your baby tolerate sitting in a reclined position for another 6-8 months? Colin was fed up with that position by 4-5 months, and will only sit upright now. Plus, that infant seat will get REALLY heavy with a 20-25+ pound baby in there. And I don't think that you are supposed to use that car seat as a carrier after, like, 20 pounds.

I checked my Kolcraft UCSC instructions, and it says that you can transport infants that are within the size and weight limits for the car seat.

All things to think about - but only you know if this is the right decision for you and your baby!

JP4
04-22-2003, 10:21 PM
My baby seems to get more upset about being taken in and out of the car seat than staying in it, so I try to use it as a carrier but it is getting too heavy. I have a cheap lightweight stroller that works for me, but again, my baby gets upset about being taken out and buckled back in so many times. That's why I'm thinking that the Kolcraft carrier might work for me.

The car seat isn't supposed to be used as a carrier after 22 pounds because of the handle strength, but I could still put it into the carrier.

I really wish that I had purchased this when he was born and then bought a good quality stroller later!

JP4
04-23-2003, 02:34 PM
I went ahead and bought the Kolcraft. I guess if I don't like it or use it much, I can sell it. I did use it already today. It was very easy to open and close and fit on the floor in front of the car seat. I could easily manuever and steer one handed and my baby already is over 18 pounds. It is much easier to steer and push than my travel system! My baby didn't seem to mind it and he fell asleep and I was able to just snap him into the car without waking him up. I think this will work good for errands.