PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a Sally Spicer diaper bag?

hwm77
04-23-2003, 12:48 PM
Does anyone actually have and use a Sally Spicer diaper bag? If so, how do you like it? I'm expecting my first child and so I'm not a hundred percent sure what I want/need in a bag but I tend to like the tote style bags the most since they look closer to something that I would carry normally. I love the fabrics that the Sally Spicer's come in but am wondering how well they function?

Thanks,
hwm

parkersmama
04-23-2003, 04:23 PM
I have a Sally Spicer diaper bag but it just came a couple of weeks ago and my baby hasn't bothered to show up yet! I really like the bag for the same reasons that you stated but I haven't put it to actual use yet so we'll have to see once I do. I know that it's going to be a bag just for me because my dh will not carry it...I got one that is pink & green (fiddlesticks pink) and it won't be "manly" enough for him! My only current complaint is that it has an outside patch pocket that they didn't match up the stripes and I think it looks just a little funny. I've wondered about calling them about it but haven't done it yet. The bag has one outside pocket, a main inside compartment and two large pockets on the inside plus a wide elastic straps on each end to put a bottle or cup. It's not as pocket/compartment heavy as my normal diaper bags but I like the stylishness of it. I'll try to remember to let you know more when I actually get an opportunity to use it!

luvtoshop
04-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Can you post a link to these bags? I'm curious to see what they look like. Thanks

sbaker
04-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Check out:
http://www.tuttibella.com/sallyspicer.html

Sara
SAHM to Rayce

sbaker
04-23-2003, 06:56 PM
I thought about buying a Sally Spicer bag, too. I didn't because they are so big. If you really want undiaperbag looking diaper tote you might check out the I'm Still Me bags. I have two of them and really, really like them. They are at:
http://www.imstillme.bizhosting.com/

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
SAHM to Rayce

hunter2000
04-24-2003, 08:08 AM
I am so glad you asked this, because with my second child I wanted something different and "cooler" for a diaper bag. The Sally Spicer's are my favorite...I will probably order the red toile. I also considered Petunia Picklebottom (too fancy smancy for me and a bit too small). I broke down and just bought a Coach, already had a Nicole Miller, and LE and want something besides BLACK and basic. The Sally Spicers look beautiful and functional.

Check out Chester, Sweet Tulip, and Tangerine Shop too. You might like one of these chic bags also. Good luck.

hwm77
04-24-2003, 09:16 AM
Check out the sally spicer website at

http://www.sallyspicer.com/

Under the tab 'Handbag Details' you can see the dimensions of the baby bag and if you click on it, can see a picture of one and then see what fabrics are available (about 34 different patterns!).

parkersmama
04-24-2003, 09:32 AM
My Sally Spicer bag doesn't seem that big. In fact, I've been wondering if it was going to be able to hold all the stuff I think is essential for a newborn! Of course, I've used LE backpacks and do-it-alls in the past so maybe I'm just used to a large bag. I love the look of the I'm Still Me bags but they look about the same size to me as the Sally Spicer.

I forgot to mention before that the SS bag comes with a nice changing pad (in black), too.