PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren Vogue

esianoyam3
04-23-2003, 04:03 PM
I found a 2002 Maclaren Vogue online for $149.54... Brand new, factory sealed, with free shipping...

My husband is 6'9", and I've heard these strollers are good for taller people... However, I'm only 5'2"... We're expecting our first baby, so we don't have any "real world" stroller experience yet.

Is this a good deal for this stroller? Is there anybody who has one of these strollers who can offer their opinions? We've decided to go the infant seat, stroller frame route for the first few months, but we'll need a stroller after that...

Thank you!!

ginalc
04-24-2003, 07:29 AM
I recently purchased a Maclaren just to help push my baby around the house. I know it sounds silly, but he was heavier than my fragile back could carry. Wish I'd gotten this stroller 2 years ago!!!

I cannot believe how easy it is to push one handed! You don't truly understand the value of a good stroller until you have to push one while carrying your child in one arm along with the diaper bag, shopping bags, answer your ringing cell phone, and still manage to steer the stroller with one hand! I find it much easier to push my 2.5 yr. old in the Mac than in our Pliko. I've used the Pliko for 2 yrs. and now I dread the thought of even touching it!

I'd say you won't regret buying the Mac.

gina, mom to 3

Calmegja
04-24-2003, 08:28 AM
I have this stroller, and really like it. Not so great for smaller babies, because of the slumpiness factor, but once they can sit up, I think it's a keeper.

Folds tiny, so easy to manuever, and I love the patterns (I havethe red/grey dove check one)....

pamela mom of 3
04-24-2003, 09:15 AM
I also have one for my 2yo as a quick trip stroller, the fabric is nice and soft, steering is wonderful and it's quick to fold and not too huge.

I am also on the not so great for babies who can't sit up line of thinking but for older tots it does ok.

The only things i don't like are the small storage basket, impossible to get to when the seat is fully back and the recline operates by two slide bars..needing 2 hands but i am pretty used to that with maclarens..it just the way they are ;)

Mine is the 35th plaid pattern.....

smomom
04-24-2003, 09:23 AM
where did you find the 2002 model at that price?

does anyone know the differences between the 2002 and 2003 models?

pamela mom of 3
04-24-2003, 11:59 AM
Quickly off the top of my head they added suspension, and the recline much deeper..boot...hood pockets their are two? maybe three......carry handle..angled handles with foam.

I think their are a few other little things like position of peek window etc.
Maclarens site shows them pretty good

http://www.maclarenbaby.com

:)

esianoyam3
04-24-2003, 01:10 PM
I found the stroller at strollers4less.com. They only have the "Dove Grey Plaid" color available, but I thought it looked pretty nice... And you really can't beat the price...

strollerqueen
04-24-2003, 02:25 PM
I have a 2001, one of the last UK made. I really, really like it. I agree, it is SO easy to push! And best of all, my almost 5 year old still has plenty of room in it! I think it is fine for you, but I am short, too. I have heard Macs are really good for tall people. Maybe someone tall could weigh in? I also agree that it is a better stroller for older babies. You may have to get a more infant friendly one now, then sell it and use the Vogue when baby is bigger. Congrats!

Calmegja
04-24-2003, 04:19 PM
I'm 5'8", and Dh is 6', and my dad is 6'3", and all of us push the Vogue with ease...... ;-)

I love the dove grey. It looks fabulous with a red diaper bag!