PDA

View Full Version : Not set on these ones but DH saw a Jeep Liberty

Tondi G
04-24-2003, 11:05 AM
He thought it was cool! Our friends have one and so far Dig it.. DS also loved riding in it with the front steering wheel thing.... my DS doesn't love strollers and he didn't want to get out of this one! I a mhoping he would like it to ride in it all the time and not just until the novelty of the steering wheel wears off!

So what are everyones opinions of the Jeep Liberty... they are made by Kolcraft right?

I also saw a Schwinn single with a front swivel wheel... it has a tray but no steering wheel to play with... and the seat doesn't look as upright as the Liberty... is this just an instep dressed up? what is the opinon on these? looks like the wheels are bigger on the schwinn!

thanks
~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!

ginalc
04-24-2003, 12:18 PM
Wal-Mart has the Jeep listed on their website. Haven't searched for them in a local Wal-Mart though. Here's a link:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1956908&cat=5427&type=1&dept=5427&path=0:5427

Might want to test drive it and watch for any tipping. I've heard from others that this can be a problem.

Also, I will warn you about the strollers with front swivel wheels. Until I got my MBUD, I thought that my Pliko was the best. Now, I push it and wonder how I ever put up with it for so long! (I've had it 2 years) The air-tire/swivel-front wheel will spoil you in no time flat. Just beware!!! :)

gina, mom to 3

strollerqueen
04-24-2003, 12:25 PM
I think it has a lot of nice features. I have always liked the cars, anyway. Watch if DS tries to climb up it. Mine has done this a few times in the store, and the stroller tipped sideways. Also, it folds pretty big. Other than that, it seems like a fun, loaded buggy!

Calmegja
04-24-2003, 04:23 PM
I'll just echo what everyone else says...great fabric, amazing features, cool to look at, easy to push.

I highly suggest testing out the model you buy, and making sure wherever you buy it has a good return policy. I bought one and returned it, because of tipping problems. I think there must be a bad lot of them somewhere, or something, because they seem to either tip easily, or never tip at all....

Rachels
04-25-2003, 11:00 AM
I have the Jeep Liberty, and it's my favorite stroller by far. (My others are the PP Venezia and the Mac Vogue, neither of which is exactly shabby.) It is incredibly easy to steer and push, extremely comfortable for my baby, has a great multi-position recline, has TONS of storage space, folds easily...the list goes on and on. It's big, but that has been worth it to me for all the other features, not the least of which is that Abigail will ride in it contentedly for extended periods. It's also the only stroller she'll fall asleep in.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02