PDA

View Full Version : swift vs. maclarens?

Daisy918
04-24-2003, 04:47 PM
Well, after all this research, my husband decided we should get a Maclaren-type stroller. As in no bar and lighter weight. He likes the Triumph, Vogue, Quest, or Daytripper. I like the Inglesina Swift.

Can anyone tell me which of those you would prefer? Thanks.

ameelo
04-24-2003, 07:29 PM
I have both the Swift and a Mac Concorde (which is the english-made ancestor to the Quest...I think. Maybe Vogue but I think Quest.)

The Swift is much better padded. Its made of materials similar to the Plikos rather than the stiffer Mac materials. The brakes are also very similar to the Plikos. Macs have itty, bitty brakes.

The Swift isn't tippy like my Macs. Baby boy doesn't sit as slumped.

The Swift's recline mechanism is much smoother and easier than my Mac's.

However, the Macs push much better. One-handed steering is comparable but the Swift is more difficult to push straight with one hand. Its not bad and much, much better than other strollers but compared to the Macs, its not as easy.

Both canopies are pretty worthless but the Swift canopy kept popping off each and every time I tried to use it. I must be the Hulk in disguise!

HTH,

Amee

pamela mom of 3
04-24-2003, 09:19 PM
Hi, well i own a 2003 quest and a 2002 vogue{plus a volo and used to own a daytripper}

I have never seen a swift irl but i believe it has a 35lb weight limit.

I would say the quest or vogue would most suitable for a 6mth old out of the maclarens..you will want the legrest, my 2yo needs a legrest still.

The older macs do have a more stiff padding{had a 00 techno} but the newer ones are softer have some padding, the 03 vogue reclines quite a bit now and has even more padding than my 02.

My main complaint with my macs are the small, impossible to get to when fully reclined baskets.

After that they steer well and easy to fold.

;)