PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to wash stroller fabric before baby uses it?

justlearning
04-25-2003, 12:18 AM
Is it important to wash the fabric of my brand-new Pliko before putting my baby in it? I know I'm supposed to wash all his clothes beforehand but wasn't sure if that applied to other things like new strollers and car seats. I'd rather not because I think each washing probably wears the fabric down somewhat and will likely fade the vibrant colors, but I'll do so if it's important because my baby's skin will be touching it.

ginalc
04-25-2003, 06:34 AM
I never have. New fabric is generally treated to resist stains and dirt. Washing before use it is probably not necessary.

I own a Pliko and have used it for over 2 years. You are going to LOVE this stroller! The fabrics clean up beautifully! I just "gave mine a bath" and it looks brand new! I have had many serious spills in mine and time and again, the liquids sort of sit on top of the fabric. This gives you time to clean it up without ruining the material!

HTH,

gina

nohomama
04-25-2003, 06:48 AM
The short answer is, no.

pamela mom of 3
04-25-2003, 08:17 AM
Nope i have not either ;)

ginalc
04-26-2003, 07:08 AM
Sorry for the long responses. I just like to know WHY I should or shouldn't do something. I like some explanation.......

Guess that's why I LOVE Baby Bargains Book so much! :)