PDA

View Full Version : Bertini, Peg Perego or Inglesina? Please help me choose!

MiaPia
04-27-2003, 12:40 PM
I'm hoping all of you wonderful Stroller Gurus can help me pick out a stroller for my baby - due July 24. A bit of background: We have an 18 month old toddler (VERY independant and loves to walk everywhere). For quick errands we use our Mac Techno which we absolutely LOVE. We got rid of our Graco Metrolite a few months ago because we absolutely HATED it, and he refused to sit in it for any lengths of time. We also have an Expedition LX jogger that we use for walks in the park - not the best stroller, but since we're not runners it does the job.

Now that we're expecting again I want a NICE new stroller for Baby Girl. We will be using it for the mall, neighborhood walks, and walks in the park (mainly on a paved trail). I would also like to be able to attach a running board for my son. I have it narrowed down to three choices, and would like to know everyone's opinion.

1)Bertini M5
2)Peg Perego Venezia
3)Inglesina Zippy

I really like the fact that with each of these models you can buy a bassinet/carrier to use when the baby is small. Would this be a worthwhile purchase? I love the look of them, and think it would be so much more comfortable for baby.

Thanks for reading my long winded post, and for any and all suggestions!!

Tondi G
04-27-2003, 03:39 PM
Of those 3 my choice would be the Inglesina Zippy!!!! I don't know if you would be totally satisfied with the Venezia outdoors!!! The Bertini is nice but big and heavy (wouldn't be the greatest mall stroller) Sorry to throw another into the mix but have you seen the New Peg Perego P3???

~Tondi

blnony
04-27-2003, 03:47 PM
I've had two of three you are considering.
I had a Venezia and at first I thought it was a dream stroller, the more I used it, the more it started to bother me. It did not do well outside at all, not even on fairly smooth sidewalks or pavement. I like the features, but it was just very jolty for my baby. Also, my husband kicked the back of the Venezia often.
I have a Zippy now and use it a lot. I love my Mac Techno and probably use it more than anything. The Zippy does much better outside, I don't use it on heavier terrian, i have a Bebecar for that, but it handles sidewalks much better. It is pretty light, not like an umbrella stroller, but it does fold umbrella style, so it doesn't take up much room, it has a carry handle that I like, and it really can be folded and unfolded with one hand. It is the best out there for ease of folding. The basket is okay, not too big, but useful. The recline is nice and its fairly padded. Its not quite as plush as the Venezia, but not bad either. You can put a infant carrier in it, and I like the fabric choices. Also, Inglesina has wonderful customer service. The steering is pretty good, easily done one handed (not as good as my Mac, but very few strollers are); I like two handled strollers because I find they are easier to handle one handed.
I didn't opt for the bassinet feature, by the time we got ours DD was out of that stage, and I don't know if a running board can be attached either. I have never checked into it.
I don't know much about Bertini's except I do know they are bulky. I tried one out in the store, and it was just too big for my "all around" stroller. The wheels on the Zippy are little larger than the Venezia, but not air filled. I don't like air filled tires for an everyday stroller, but thats just my choice.

MiaPia
04-30-2003, 01:17 PM
Thank you for the suggestions! I hadn't thought of the P3, but I'm off to check it out now! Any other recommendations would be most welcome!

Thanks all!

hardysmom
04-30-2003, 01:37 PM
I have the Zippy and a Peg Milano, which is pretty similar to a Venezia.

The Milano and Venezias are wonderful indoor strollers for newborns, but not so great for outside, particularly once the baby is heavier. They tend to get caught on cracks in the sidewalk and such.

The Zippy is also wonderful and fantastic outside, but since you also have a toddler a P3 might be a better choice. When we have #2, I will probably sell my Zippy to get one. Like the larger Pegs, the Plikos all have a little step on the back for an older child to ride so you don't have to use an after market board. The steering on the P3 is said to be much better than on the older Plikos. They are tough to find in stores, but probably worth the wait.

If you do want to get a Zippy, you might check to make sure it can be used with a board. I have asked if it is compatible, but have not received an answer. Even if it does technically work, make sure it can be used comfortably. There isn't a lot of clearance between the handles and wheels of the Zippy which is why long-strided people often complain about kicking the wheels. Adding a board will make it more awkward.

Stephanie

Jen841
04-30-2003, 01:47 PM
I just got my Zippy, but have not had a chance to use it yet (Due 5/25.) I ordered it from Stinkybaby.com and had great service. They will match the lowest price you find on-line, and give you free shipping. They are quick, and they had some of the 2002 models left with the built in rain gear (I understand from posting that is the only difference b/n the 2002 and 2003.)

I was ready to buy the Pliko, but the woman at RightStart talked me out of it and into this. Pushing the 2 around the store with a car seat in them I could really notice a difference. I did not consider the P3, so check that out too.

Good luck! It is a tough decision to make. I did not realize how relieved I would be that a decision was made regarding this choice. We live in Chicago and the stroller will be a major form a transportation for the little one.