PDA

View Full Version : Bugaboo Frog - 2 piece stroller feedback needed

chirshfield
04-27-2003, 08:37 PM
My husband and I saw the Bugaboo Frog in New Jersey today and truly loved the look and mobility of the stroller. Our only concern was that it is a two piece system. When folding, it has to breakdown into two separate pieces, the frame and the seat. Is this true? Does anyone have any concern with this design? Is it a pain to get into the car and does it take up much more space in your trunk because it’s two pieces instead of just a one-fold system, ie. Combi? Any other feedback with using the Bugaboo would be more than appreciated. Thanks so much.

sbaker
04-27-2003, 09:00 PM
I have an orange Bugaboo and love it. I don't find that the two pieces are incovenient. The two pieces actually fit on top of each other when folded. It is wider in my trunk that my Maclaren was, but since I drive an suv I don't really care. (Actually, my son likes this stroller so much that it could take up ALL of my trunk and I wouldn't care.) The strange thing is that my Maclaren Vogue would not fit in my husband's Beetle, but the Bugaboo will. You might check out the video on Bugaboo's website. It shows the stroller in different situations including being folded up in a car trunk. This is the link:
http://www.bugaboousa.com/video/moviehome.htm

If you have any other questions or would like me to take pictures of it in my trunk, please let me know. I also have pictures of the stroller open and sitting next to my Teutonia and Maclaren if you want a size comparison.

Hope this helps....

:) :+ :)
Sara
SAHM to Rayce

LD92599
04-27-2003, 09:17 PM
Where in NJ where you able to see one? I've heard so much about them...would love to try it out!

Laura
mom to William 3.5.2003

egoldber
04-27-2003, 09:57 PM
Check out this thread for a discussion of the 2 piece break down and air travel.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID7/2701.html

HTH,

Nooknookmom
04-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Pictures next to the Teutonia would be great!

TIA

chirshfield
04-28-2003, 07:31 PM
Thank you Sara for your response. I would absolutely love to see pictures of the Bugaboo in your trunk and next to the other strollers. Since we live in a city, our car is like a closet to us. So I would greatly appreciate seeing how you use the stroller in daily use. Thanks again!!

Carrie

chirshfield
04-28-2003, 07:33 PM
The store is in Lakewood, NJ (central NJ). It is called Piccolino's. They were very friendly. That is the only one I know of in NJ that is showing the Bugaboo as of right now. If you need any more info, please let me know. Good luck.

Carrie

sbaker
04-28-2003, 09:24 PM
Here's a link to the pictures. Professional photographer I'm not...My husband thinks I should have at least picked up the toys before I took the pictures. :) It may be hard to judge the Bugaboo's size based on the size of my suv trunk. I can take pictures of the Bugaboo in my husbands New Beetle trunk tomorrow night if you want. Just let me know....

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3395cc60548

Sara
SAHM to Rayce

Nooknookmom
04-28-2003, 11:21 PM
Thanks Sara,

Between the Pixxel and Bugaboo. Which do you feel is more comfy? Well made? Will last longer? Which one do you seem to use more?

I know TOO many quesitons, lol. Sorry, TIA! Trina

sbaker
04-28-2003, 11:54 PM
Don't worry about asking too many questions. Really!!
I use the Bugaboo exclusively now. I originally bought the Pixxel for my everday stroller, but after just two trips to the mall I realized it was way too heavy. It's somewhere in the neighborhood of 40#. It's an EXTREMELY well made stroller. Even my husband (an engineer) thought it was great.
Next I bought the Maclaren. It was the "perfect" stroller for a few months until my son decided he wanted to see the world. He started to fuss every time I put him in the Mac. He DID NOT like the slanted seat.
Then I bought the Bugaboo. Oh my! DS loves this stroller! He will happily sit in it for 2 hours or more. (We can go to the zoo!) The seat is very well padded. More so than either the Pixxel or Mac. I think it's well made. It may not be as well made as the Pixxel, but it's close. Since I use my stroller almost everyday I was afraid I wouldn't like that the Bugaboo broke down into two pieces. Now I realize that it's actually easier to take in and out of my suv because it's two pieces.
If you have any other questions please ask!

Sara
SAHM to Rayce

daisymommy
04-29-2003, 07:23 AM
I just saw this stroller being used with an infant at the mall the other day. I've never seen one before, but thought it looked so cool! I was wondering if it could only be used with an infant, or if it converted for older children. Thank you Sara for the pictures! Tell me more about this great invention!

Sandy
04-29-2003, 11:15 AM
It can definitely be used with a infant. If you buy the complete (it is only $50.00 more from the basic to the complete and well worth it)it comes with a bassinet that is for infants and then once they become too big for the bassinet or able to sit up in a stroller you can change out the bassinet for the seat.

HTH,

Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

chirshfield
04-29-2003, 12:50 PM
Sara that was incredibly nice of you to take all of those pictures. I really can't believe how much smaller the Bugaboo is than the Pixxel! I think this stroller is fantastic. You folded up the stroller so nicely with the second piece on top. It looks so cool. Thanks again. I think we will probably order it within the next couple of days. Thanks again!