PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use *only* a MBUS?

maggiew
04-28-2003, 12:17 PM
Hi,

We're expecting our first child in October and we've begun scouting out strollers. My stroller needs are basically two-fold: 1) for power-walking around the neighborhood with the dog, rain or shine (2-3 miles a day); and 2) for general mall/indoors use. I originally thought I would need 2 strollers, particularly since the outdoors one is so important to me. But I've been reading up on the Mountain Buggies and it seems as if they could serve both functions (which would naturally make my husband happy. :) )

Anyone out there who has successfully managed with just a Mountain Buggy for all-purpose use? Any thoughts as to whether it would be possible to get by with just this stroller?

Thanks very much for your help!!

strollerqueen
04-28-2003, 01:26 PM
Actually, lots of people in NZ use the MB as their only stroller. They are even MORE expensive over there, if you can believe it.

I do know a couple of people over here who used it as their only stroller, and were perfectly happy. Until baby #2 came along, that is!

twins r fun
04-28-2003, 01:37 PM
I use a MB Double as my only stroller. I have others, but haven't touched them since getting the MB. Oh, except for airplane travel-I did use my single Peg Arias for that.

Nicole

ginalc
04-28-2003, 02:21 PM
I agree with the others, that the MB is an all-purpose stroller. I recently bought a MBUD and love it! I find that I'm tempted to use the MB even when I have only 1 child along, it pushes so well - it actually seems to push itself!

The only down-side that I can see is if you live in an area with rain or mud. In the past, my "outdoor" jogger has gotten so filthy that I didn't want to put it in my vehicle. The MB wheels are all-terrain as well and will hold onto mud more easily than smooth, plastic umbrella-type wheels.

Since the MBUD wheels have gotten really dirty, I placed floor mats over the carpeting to keep the trunk carpeting clean.

HTH,

gina, mom to 3

maggiew
04-28-2003, 02:38 PM
Thanks very much for the feedback - it gives me hope that I may not end up with a garage full of strollers after all! :)

That's a good point about the rain and mud, too. I hadn't thought about that. Of course I could always start out with the MB and then if I found a few months later that I really did want a lighter weight stroller to throw in the car, I could buy one then. It sure beats shelling out the money for a MB *and* another stroller at the same time.

The MB web site says that it's strollers recline fully - do you think these would work with a newborn? They're also supposed to be coming out with a version later this year that is compatible with a larger selection of carseats but I'd prefer not to have the baby in the carseat for our daily walks.

Thanks again for your help! This board has been a tremendous resource - I probably wouldn't have stumbled upon the MB's without it!

pamela mom of 3
04-28-2003, 02:55 PM
I could see that working you *may* when the baby was older want a small lightweight stroller for quick trips but that can vary greatly in cost and would also depend on your lifestyle..it *may not* be needed.

If i had only one rider and wasn't a stroller junkie ;) i could get my with by quest and MBUS for my 2yo quite nicely.

In a few years when my older children finally stop riding i will most likely drop down to a small trio of strollers....the MBUS and MBTS being in the group...and some sort of maclaren.

:)

ginalc
04-28-2003, 03:23 PM
There are 2 inserts that I know of that would help cradle a newborn: the Bowron Fleece insert and the Snuzzler. I've also seen similar items for under $20 in Target and BRU.

Here's a link to a stroller fleece insert: http://www.organicbebe.com/stroller_fleeces.asp

MB seats have a very "pram" feel when fully reclined.

I would recommend the Sunshade Canopy and the Raincover for the MB as well. They both fit nice and tight around the stroller, and just make my outdoor walks on windy/cold and rainy days possible! The Sunshade is AWESOME!!! Baby can see out, but no one can see in; it provides UV protection and cuts down on insects and strangers bothering baby when we're out and about.

Also worth a look-see is the Kiwi Explorer. It can expand to work as a double if needed! :)

gina, mom to 3

strollerqueen
04-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Yes, I think it is just fine for a newborn. There is also a carrycot that you can buy to attach to the frame. I think this is a really great feature to have, especially if you only have one stroller. That way, you can leave the muddy stroller outside; just detach the little bassinette and carry it in.

strollerqueen
04-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Boy oh boy, that'll be the day! LOL! We shall see. And yes, I AM the pot calling the kettle black.

pamela mom of 3
04-28-2003, 06:35 PM
Nah..nah... :P

Yeah well as you know they will get older and won't ride till highschool LOL....

Hmm i dunno i figure i got maybe 2/3yrs left???? before dd#2 will stop..dd#1 will most likely end in the next year/year and a half??....

And nope no future stroller tester in the plans ;)