PDA

View Full Version : beating this topic up! Need help still, Gozo vs. MBDT ?Strollerqueen or others with exp on these strollers

sbirmantaz
05-21-2003, 10:31 AM
I have been going crazy reading all the reviews and posts and still can't decide which stroller is best for me. My dd will be only 13 months when #2 comes along so I need a stroller for the long haul (so ruled out the Emma husky and Kiwi). Oh, I will use this stroller as my outdoors one, won't be transporting it often, and so the fold or lack thereof doesn't bother me. My main interest is ease of steering and pushing and of course comfort for the kids to sleep etc. I am not a huge fan of sling-type seats (MB) and the Gozo seats being like bike seats seem a bit uncomfy too... It is so hard to make a decision w/o seeing them irl. I know I posted before about the kiwi and gozo, but any more info would be helpful comparing the Gozo to the MBDT. I guess the only reason I am not plunging right into the MBDT is the seat type and I like the tandem style a bit better than the sbs, unless of course the length of the Gozo makes it difficult to turn etc... Thanks for any suggestions to help this sleep deprived preg mommy make up her mind!

ginalc
05-21-2003, 03:55 PM
I bought a MBUD after nearly driving myself mad in the decision making process. In short, you're not alone!!! :)

My youngest are 25 months apart and I tell you, there is something just precious about seeing them sit side-by-side, comforting and entertaining one another. I use my MBUD daily and LOVE it!
I planned on using it mostly outdoors, but found that I really CAN go anywhere with this stroller. I have a life again! :)

I would encourage you to consider ordering a MB from someone with free shipping, and try it out. If you're not crazy about it, at least you'll only pay return shipping!
I suspect that it will be hard to return, once you've tried it out. :) It's so easy to steer, even one-handed!

Also, have you considered purchasing stroller fleece inserts? They would be the ultimate addition to the sling-style seat.

BTW, I think of the seats as "hammock-style" and find that when the little ones nap, they are quite comfy and cozy in the MBUD!

gina, mom to 3

Blue Jeans Mama
05-21-2003, 04:07 PM
Maybe you already know this maybe not. I know you already said no Kiwi bc you want to use it from the beggining?

The kiwi has an attachment where you can have a newborn laying flat on the back, it comes with a mat in it. The toddler would be in the front seat and the baby would be right behind where you can see him/her. When the baby is older then you use the second seat but that would be when the baby is like 3 or 4 months.

Sorry if you already knew this. Just trying to help

Cathy

hipmaman
05-21-2003, 09:19 PM
The new MBs have 'supported' seatback and no longer 'sling' (or hammock) type. The seats are totally reclinable and suitable for a newborn.

I personally don't like 'bucket' seats as in the Gozo. Plus, the Gozo is a fixed-wheel tandem stroller, it takes some getting use to manuever (turning and swerving) and not as easy in tight or crowded spaces to pop the front wheel all the times.

But that's just me. I would have my choices down to the Kiwi or the MBDT!!!

I love both the Kiwi and the MBDT but I use them for different purposes. If I have to pick between the MBDT or the Kiwi for just OUTDOOR use, I would probably pick the MBDT. Full view, full recline seats for both kids.