PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Wagoneer Tandem Stroller?!?

lesyalian
05-22-2003, 11:17 PM
I have read several postings about the Jeep Liberty and I was wondering if anyone has the Jeep Wagoneer Tandem Stroller and would like to share thoughts/feelings/comments on it. Our son will be 20 months old when our second son is born in September.

Also, we live in the Washington D.C. area and I'm having trouble finding a store that carries it in their floor models so we can go take it for a spin. Has anyone seen it around?

Thanks,
Lesya :)

momof3littleguys
05-23-2003, 03:10 AM
I have seen this stroller in a few stores but I do not have it. Although it is a pretty nice looking double stroller it is long and heavy. I personally prefer side by side strollers because they are so much easier to steer. You may want a double that you can plop your infant car seat into though and there are a few side by side strollers that do that or check into the tandems that are also travel systems. Those travel system strollers are big, long and heavy too but it is so nice to have one that carries the baby in the car seat.

MamaKath
05-23-2003, 11:02 AM
I recently saw this at the Baby Depot in VA, not to far out of DC. There are a bunch of them in the DC area. You also might take a trip to BuyBuyBaby in Rockville, they have quite a selection (although not the Jeep).

My take on it...
It was so long it was hard to steer without kids init and worse with. I wouldn't waste your money. The Graco DuoRIder (sbs) was far better and considerably cheaper.

HTH
http://pages.ivillage.com/mamakath/mystrollercollection/index.html

MomTo5
05-23-2003, 12:03 PM
I recently bought this and then returned it a week later. Its a really cute stroller. My DS loved the steering wheel in the front and I liked that it would accomidate any car seat in the back. However the thing is so long that it is a complete bear to steer. Turning is also very hard to do. You feel like your driving a semi or something. I really liked the stroller but it was a workout every time I used it. I returned it and got a jogger instead. HTH.

Melissa

Jeanmick
05-24-2003, 07:46 PM
We have a 2 1/2 year old and a three month old. We bought this stroller because it seemed (to us, anyway) to be the only double stroller out in the market that was able to safely accomodate our Century Smart Fit Car Seat (we didn't want to buy a new car seat...we were perfectly happy w/the seat we bought for our first child).

What I like about it:

1. The price was right (under $200).
2. There is A LOT of easily accessible storage space.
3. My toddler loves the toy steering wheel in front.
4. The car seat also fits nicely in the back.
5. It's surprisingly easy to open and close up and is more compact than I thought when closed. We have a mini-van so space is not really an issue.
6. The seats are roomy and comfortable for my toddler.
7. Superficial, I know, but I think it looks cool (we have the black stroller with yellow trim).

For me, it serves our purposes...I like it, but I'm not in love with it. Now, what I'm not thrilled about:

1. It's hard for me to maneuver with both kids (much easier to steer when it's just the baby in the car seat), but I have no way to compare how the other double strollers are. I figure all doubles with both kids in tow are heavy, but I suspect this stroller is more difficult because it's longer than others.
2. There are no cup holders for the parents to use.
3. Side-to-side stability is not the best...I wouldn't take turns at lightning speed :)

Hope this helps.