PDA

View Full Version : eagle creek diaper pack

Daisy918
05-23-2003, 01:45 PM
I read on another thread that this diaper backpack is on sale now. What is it like on the inside? I can't find details about it on any webpage. TIA!

Jeanmick
05-23-2003, 11:49 PM
I purchased my backpack in 2000. I don't know if they've made any changes since, but I'll do my best to describe what mine looks like. I'm going to assume that you know what the pack looks like on the outside.

1. The inside of the big compartment is separated into three sections: one zippered compartment and two open compartments separated by a nylon mesh.

2. Then there is a pocket in the back of the backpack (by the straps) where you can store the changing pad it comes with it. The pad is supposed to provide you some support when you wear it (it really doesn't...it's not like other Eagle Creek backpacks. I was disappointed with this feature).

3. The front of the back pack also has a deep pocket similar to the back (another place to put the changing pad if you so desired). The changing pad has a piece of soft velcro material that is supposed to help keep the changing pad from shifting in the pockets ...both the front and back pockets have the small square velcro "hooks" (if that's what you call it) that you use to connect the changing pad onto. I don't know if I described that clearly...hope I didn't confuse you.

4. Then there is a big front zippered compartment. Inside, there is one big pocket (I put my wallet and my palm pilot in there) and three small pockets, one of which is zippered (for things like emergency cash, coins, etc.) There is also a detachable key fob that's connected to a nylon strap.

5. There's another small zippered compartment in the front. I put small items like my checkbook, mints, and lipstick in there. It's a nylon mesh pocket...you can see the items when you open the big front zippered compartment. Finally, there is an open mesh pocket where you can put miscellaneous stuff like receipts, papers, etc. (flat items that are not too bulky).

6. My pack has side pockets for drinks and such. I use it not only for drinks but for my cell phone and sunglasses.

7. There's also hooks on the sides of the pack in case you wanted use the pack as a shoulder bag (strap sold separately).

Hope this helps.

joyebean
05-28-2003, 06:31 PM
I ordered mine from Sierra Trading Post, thinking it was the old model, but got the new one ("Matrix Parent Survival Pack 2.0")! For only $40! (Regularly $70 at REI or on eaglecreek.com). I'm very happy with it, though it's a little bulkier than the older model (which a friend has and loves). Even with shipping it was only $52 or so.

Anyhow, I love it, and highly recommend it. The main differences between the older one (described above) and the newer one seems to be in the configuration of the side pockets. One of the side pockets on the newer one has a zipper top--my friend with the older one says she's wished for this feature, as that's where she keeps her cell phone and it's always falling out. That and the front zipper compartment seems to have a little more padding on it, which stiffens the panel a little more.

Hope this helps.

Joye