PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about which stroller..

corky
05-27-2003, 11:17 AM
ok stroller mavens, I need your advice. I need a stroller that has reversible handles, has a good recline, preferably flat, lightweight although I am not adverse to hauling a little heifer around. I need it to work in multiple settings...it should be able to handle some gravel as well as pavement. I would like larger wheels that swivel too. I can't afford a bugaboo frog but am willing to invest for the long term here. Does anyone have any ideas. My ds is now 8 months and whines in our pliko right now.

thanks

corky

kristine_elen
05-27-2003, 01:32 PM
We have a Quantam Royale by Aprica and I like it a lot. (It replaced an Evenflo that my 5-month-old son was never really that comfortable in.) The QR has a full recline, handles are adjustable and reversable, the basket is easily accessible, the padding is nice and the sun shade is really big and can go all the way down to the napper bar. It also has a really easy one-hand fold/unfold mechanism. It's not super heavy but it's not the lightest in the world, although it's on the lighter side.
http://www.apricausa.com
I got mine slightly used on e-bay for about $75 plus shipping.

McQ
05-27-2003, 01:44 PM
I second getting an Aprica. I have the Pram First and it has all the features you are looking for. I got mine at www.arunningstroller.com for $349 (no tax/shipping). www.strollers4less.com also has some good closeout prices on the Quantam Royale.

Blue Jeans Mama
05-27-2003, 01:49 PM
Do they come with a Child Tray? How is the steering? Is the seat plush? And the basket?

Thanks

Cathy

kristine_elen
05-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Quantam Royale seat is very plush and nicely shaped. No snack tray or parent tray (I just got a $5 sack thing at BRU to put on back of stroller for odds and ends.) Steering is fine, although some other brands have better one-handed steering, although I don't find this to be a problem. The basket is shallower than what you'd find on something like a graco but it's very accessible, something that can not be said for brands like perego and machlaren. The basket holds more than it looks like it would.

Nooknookmom
05-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Howdie,

I triple recommend the Aprica. I had two that were AWESOME for my DD-now 7.5yo.

My full size, full recline version I bought brand new. But our 2nd travel size one I got at a yard sale and both worked wonderfully and had no breakage problems at all.

The steering is great, however, when trying to push around a 35-40 pounder it did take some work manuvering(sp?). I didn't miss the "trays" at all - I just bought a cupholder for me...

That said, I looved mine and will buy another whenever we get pg again.

HTH-Trina