PDA

View Full Version : HELP with Peg Perego P3 Sportivo

juni
05-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Lots of questions about the Perego P3 Sportivo.....really considering buying it so want to make sure I am making the right decision before shelling out this kind of money.....

Does anyone know if it steers well with one hand? I have heard that it is better than previous models but is this true? Is it comparable to the Zooper Zstreet, Zippy, or Maclarens?

Also, does anyone know if you have to get the P3 Sportivo model in order to get the raincover or can you buy one for the P3 Classico models? Does anyone have the Completo model (with rain and boot)? Is it worth it to get the boot if you live in the city?

Anyone use this stroller for city use or public transportation? I have heard it is heavy but it didnt seem too bad to me when I tested it in the store. Just wondering if it is practical for public transport?

Lastly, do you have to buy the perego carseat or can you use another one. I have heard on this board that you can just put another carseat in it but is it safe??

Sorry for all the questions,
Thanks so much for any answers!!

JustMare
05-27-2003, 09:32 PM
I'll try to help - no baby experience yet, but I do love the stroller.

I've tested it out in the store and it does steer well with one hand. Much better than the Pliko. It's comparable to the Zippy in weight, steering, styling - just a different fold. I personally like the P3's fabric much better than the Zippy's. You can't compare the Maclaren to it, it's a different type of stroller. Mac's are narrower and easier to handle. I'm not crazy about the fabric on the Z-Street. It's like a parashoot type material.

The Sportivo comes with the rainshield or you can purchase one from Peg directly. I think I heard they were $20, but I'm not really sure. You can also purchase a padded napper bar too. The Completo is NOT a P3, but a regular Pliko with a boot and rainshield. You cannot purchase a boot from Peg for the P3 (I asked them).

I live in NYC, and see these all over my neighborhood. Zippys, Plikos and P3s. I don't think you'd have a problem going on the bus, but lifting it down a subway might be heavy. I would fold it and put the baby in a sling for that. Depending if you get a subway stop with 4 flights of stairs :)

As for the carseat, the peg one fits perfectly, it just locks in. Using another seat will not attach directly to the stroller, only sit in the seat between the napper bar. You may or may not be comfortable with that. They no longer offer an adaptor bar for other seats.

Hope that helps a little!

jd11365
05-27-2003, 10:58 PM
What's the difference between a Completo and a P3???

JustMare
05-27-2003, 11:21 PM
The P3 is a redesigned 2003 Pliko replacement. Once Plikos are soldout they will be no longer available.

The P3 has better steering and tons of new and improved features. If you look at a picture of both strollers, you can see the P3 is different immediately by the curved rotated handles.

All the changes were for the better, though.

Sorry, I forgot to add the Completo is a 2003 Pliko model with a boot and rainshield. It does not offer the sporty new features of the P3.

ameelo
05-28-2003, 08:16 AM
Hello,

I just wanted to know if you had actually gotten the bumper for the P3. I've been wanting to get one but Perego said that it wasn't available! Would be very interested in knowing how you got one. Thanks!

Amee

JustMare
05-28-2003, 08:53 AM
Amee,

I don't own any part of this stroller. I know once I do conceive that's the stroller I really would like to have.

I was upset that Peg changed the bumper bar. I prefer the padded over the plastic bar w/cup holder. So I sent Peg an email. In their email response they said the bar was NOT available. But in the P3's manual (which I read while in a store) it clearly states a padded bar is an option. The salespeople verified that it IS indeed an option. I'm wondering if you have to order it through a store and not directly yourself?

If you find out, I'm curious to know.

lukkykatt
05-28-2003, 09:44 AM
I tested the P3 in the store with my 11 month old sitting, and my 3.5 year old standing on the footrest (about 55 lbs combined) and was still able to steer it with one hand.

Don't know about the carseat, but I've never had a travel system, and I used my infant seat in a variety of strollers and have never had a problem. In some strollers the seat will fit very snugly and won't move. If it is not a snug fit, you can get a velcro strap and attach that way.

I just ordered the Sportivo from Marilyn at: www.arunningstroller.com
Their phone number is on the website. I would highly recommend calling her if you decide to buy this stroller, as she can offer *very* competitive pricing, with no shipping charges, and she is very helpful overall.

Good luck!

the5howards
05-28-2003, 09:57 AM
I am one my 2nd (And 3rd) P3. I had the Bella Vista fabric and wasn't thrilled with the colors so I sold it and now I have a chesapeake classico and a Synergy Sportivio. I love both of them.

I can steer the p3 with one hand with 75 lbs of child on it. Way better than my previous Pliko. I had a techno that was slightly easier to steer with one hand but it is a totally different type of stroller.

There is a P3 completo model but I have only seen it at http://www.minicircuit.ca. Only two color choices ship to the US.

I used a Graco Snug Ride car seat with my P3 when i first got it. The car seat fit nice and snug but if I would have been using it like that long term i probably would have made a strap to secure it further. My son was out of his infant seat at 3 months so it wasn't a big deal for us.

chrissy mama to a,a. and h naking as usual

pamela mom of 3
05-28-2003, 11:10 AM
Most here have covered it but i do know a seperate raincover can be bought i not only saw one in the store but called perego to ask about it's purchase....i am in Canada though but the strollers are the same so i doubt that should be an issue.......cost wise though it maybe cheaper to buy the sportivo ....but price it out with perego.

I too have seen the "regular" armbar in my 2003 catalog but i have not questioned perego on whether it is available here or just an option it italy.

My 03 book also shows a P3 "completo" so again i would check with retailers....mini circuit as posted does sell it and are a good store ;)

As to steering yes it is much better than the older pliko....a zippy i cannot compare too....maclarens ah well she's good but not that good LOL...yet as stated the mac is a much different stroller and more umbrella style than a P3.

I don't bus hop or do any "city" things so i cannot help with that but it does help that it has the tag-along handle and the carry handle but she is a bit big and not all that light....for me i would think a maclaren would be more suitable for alot of bus/cab situations but it really depends on what one is comfortable with.

~GL :)