PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Cart Covers--fabric?

cinrein
05-27-2003, 10:21 PM
I'm going to order a Buggy Bagg and can't decide which fabric to get. I think I would prefer something that isn't a kids print, but haven't seen any photos of a cart cover in anything other than kids prints. I just can't imagine what it would look like. I found one site that has the Buggy Bagg in black toile, which is really tempting. Would it look totally ridiculous to be pushing around a shopping cart with a drooling baby sitting in a black toile cart cover?

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

August Mom
05-27-2003, 10:48 PM
No. Not if that's the pattern you like. Your baby won't care what the fabric looks like. The baby can drool on black toile just as easily as a jungle print. LOL I say go for it if that's the fabric you like.

zen_bliss
05-27-2003, 10:56 PM
you can also provide them with your choice of fabric and they will custom make one for you! email the headquarters directly www.buggybagg.com (not one of the distribs) and they will send you the guidelines... i deleted the email response when i was looking into this (i didn't want a 'kiddie' print either) but if i remember correctly it is something like 5 yards of fabric & needs to be a sturdy cotton.

votre_ami03
05-28-2003, 12:56 PM
Cindy, I am not crazy about the juvenille prints either. I was thinking about the black/white check or doing a custom. I think black toile would be fine, I am currently ISO a black toile diaper tote. ;)

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

JennyA
05-30-2003, 12:59 PM
Have you looked at the www.snazzybaby.com site? They have some asian silks and other "grownup" fabrics! Jenny

naynaysmom
05-31-2003, 04:29 PM
I purchased the black/white gingham with the black exterior a few months back and I love, love, love it! I can't tell you how many times I have used it (dozens and dozens!) I hated the kiddie prints, too, and this seemed to strike a good balance...nice for adults to look at, but still "babyish". This is well-padded and much higher quailty than the others you see out there. I have also washed mine several times, and it looks brand new, and the padding is still just where it should be. I would buy the same one again in a heartbeat. (except that DH would have a cow and have me committed) :-)
- Kelly
Mommy to Nathan (7/31/99) and Brendan (4/2/02)

cinrein
06-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Christy,
I saw black toile/black plaid diaper bags at Baby Depot last weekend. They were made by Kasper and sold for $45. Fairly large bags.

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

votre_ami03
06-03-2003, 01:33 PM
Thanks Cindy, I will have to check that out. Nolan isn't even here yet & I already have 2 bags! It is a sickness. :)

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

luvtoshop
06-04-2003, 04:05 AM
I have the black/white check and I like it--would have loved the black/white toile. boo! Ordered too soon. : )

cara1
06-04-2003, 11:57 AM
www.babyalacart.com just added two new fabrics to their site.