PDA

View Full Version : MB Sunshade--HELP!!!

beckyr88
05-28-2003, 10:38 AM
Do you like your sunshade? I want to get one for our MBTS, but wanted to see if those of you who have one find it useful.

Thanks in advance for your input!!

ginalc
05-28-2003, 09:09 PM
I bought one for my MBUD and I LOVE it! It fits nice and snug over the canopy, attaching with velcro strips both near the handle and on the sides. It also attaches with an elastic loop under the foot plate (if you look under the area where the child's feet rest, there is a small knob on either side to hook the elastic loop over).

I've peeked through the window on the top and looked out of the stroller, and your child can easily see out through the mesh, but it's hard for others to see in. Passers by don't bother (or touch) my children when we're out and about, a feature I really appreciate with a new baby.

It is really windy where I live, and I use the SunShade while walking to help cut down on the wind, too. Just yesterday the wind was blowing so hard that I was having trouble walking against it. To my surprise, DS was sound asleep in the stroller and completely unphased by the blowing - the shade works that well! In addition, my 2.5 yr old DD wanted to get in the stroller to get out of the wind!

I'm really enjoying my sunshade. I hope my experience helps !

gina, mom to 3

beckyr88
05-28-2003, 10:44 PM
Thanks a lot Gina!! I went to go look at them today, but I was told they are backordered....I'm going to try a few places on-line to get one.

Thanks so much for the reply! I think you've really sold me...

jen28
06-04-2003, 12:39 PM
hi becky. the new zealand company that makes the MB shade is now offering its sun shade in the u.s. it is basically the same idea but the design is universal so it can fit any type of stroller or jogger. you can see it at www.outlooktm.com. i have one which i got in new zealand and it is fantastic. i've been waiting for them to sell them here which they are now doing. hope this helps.

beckyr88
06-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Thanks a lot! I will check them out...

beckyr88
06-05-2003, 05:50 PM
Gina--

I just got my sunshade in the mail--and I'm having trouble putting it on. I think I know how to attach it to the stroller (but why is the velcro strap so long??? Am I doing something wrong?), but what I can't do is put the sunshade up...in the "instructions" it says to tuck the cover under and secure it with the black elastic and hooks...I see the black elastic, but I don't see what hooks they are talking about. Any ideas???? I want to put it on, but in the "visor" position until I need it.

Also, I have a question about the regular sun visor that came with the MB....the wire frame that hooks into the frame of the stroller, do those hooks go IN the hole, or just kind of sit on the edge? I have a feeling that the hooks need to go in more, because the visor blows up in the slightest wind. The hooks on mine are a little bent and it is hard to get them in anymore...sorry this sounds so stupid and confusing, but I don't know how to describe it any better!! If anyone has a MB (I have the terrain, but I bet both are similar in this respect) and knows, I'd love some help!!!!

Thanks a bunch.

ginalc
06-05-2003, 09:16 PM
Hi Becky,

I think the strap is long just to annoy us. Can't think of any other reason. Except, maybe when you use the Sunshade and the Wind/Rain cover together, the longer straps make using both possible.

I'm not unsure which hooks they mention for the visor position. I simply tuck mine in between the Sunshade and the main stroller canopy itself. Seems to work OK. I either have the Sunshade completely on or off. I don't use the visor mode often. Maybe someone else can add their experience on that one.

Yes, the wire frame hooks into the frame of the stroller. Pull the wire completely out and you'll see that the ends are curved and bent in a funny manner. To put it back into position, angle the wire at a greater than a 90 degree angle away from the stroller and it should fall into place. It takes some twisting towards the outside and turning at the same time, but they do fall nicely IN the hole and stay put. Kind of like a Rubic's cube. Once you do it, it makes good sense. :)

I hope this helps. I asked DH to help me with mine. Somehow guys seem to understand this sort of thing better than us women folk.

Enjoy your Sunshade and your stroller!

gina, mom to 3

I

beckyr88
06-05-2003, 09:28 PM
Gina, thanks so much!!! DH is home now and I'm going to get his help on the visor part... You're right about them doing this kind of stuff.

Thanks again!!