PDA

View Full Version : Teutonia Toni Rave

chrissyhowie
05-29-2003, 07:25 PM
Ooooooh! I just checked out www.teutonia.com to see it. What a great looking stroller! Do you know how much it weighs? Is it significantly heavier than the Zippy? How does it compare suspension-wise?

blnony
05-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Its much different than the Zippy. Its just a more solid stroller.
It is heavier than the Zippy, but the frame of it so solid that it makes it a very easy riding/pushing stroller. It has one solid handle instead of the ski pole handles like the Zippy but it has a gripper like surface that is very comfortable. It folds up to about the same size (umbrella style) and stands alone like the Zippy. It doesn't have a carry handle like the Zippy and the seat is completly different. It has the rotating seat like the Bugaboo Frog, which I've found to be much better than just the back reclining. The sunshade is the best of any of my strollers (Venezia, Zippy, Bebecar and Techno) and the seat is very padded. Even though the wheels are small, the way they are made makes for a very smooth ride, even on uneven surfaces (like sidewalks and roads)and the alignment of the wheels helps it turn like a dream. (If you are going really off-road on heavy terrain, it wouldn't compare to an all-terrain stroller.) The front wheels can be fixed or swivel. The only thing that I thought was weird at first is the bag. It doesn't have the traditional basket underneath, it has a clip on "bag" that was actually very handy today. I packed it as a diaper bag, and the stroller has two compartments on it where I put my keys and wallet, and you can't beat the access to the bag compared to a basket underneath. I could just pull anything out of it without ever bending over and having to reach under the stroller. I didn't think I would like it, but I love it after trying it out so long today. Also, its such a solid stroller that for shopping if you hung bags off it, I don't think there would be any tipping problems.
And, it is a great looking stroller. The fabrics color is so rich, and easy to clean up. I had two ladies stop me and ask me about it today. It also comes with the boot, which I think will be nice in cold weather.
Edited to add: I wouldn't say significantly heavier, but about 7-10 lbs. at the most.

ginamlee
05-29-2003, 11:01 PM
The Toni weighs 26-27 lbs.

jillv123
05-30-2003, 01:10 AM
The 27lbs sounds heavier than it seems with this stroller. I think since it is a breeze to fold and gets very compact it, moves in and out of the trunk very easily. It also can be rolled easily once folded if you need to get it to the house or garage. I really like this stroller and it was also wonderful at the (San Francisco) Zoo. . . . (a bit heavy for the public transportation in SF). . . .I use it as my everyday and will travel with it for the first time in June.

blnony
05-30-2003, 05:14 AM
I just have to rave about this stroller. I took it to the zoo today,and it was super. For this kind of trip, the clip on bag was great, so convienent, and the sun shade had great coverage because it was a hot and sunny day, and I really liked the steering, especially on the bumpy sidewalks. I was really surprised. This is the first time I've had it out, not in a mall or such, and it did a wonderful job. It would turn around without any trouble even on the dirt paths. I took it, just to see how it would do, and even Audrey really enjoyed it. The upright position on it is so good, better than my Zippy. She could really sit up well and see the animals. I like the rotating seat a lot, it seemed very comfortable for her. The wheel positioning is a great idea, no kicking the back, and the hard wheels, even though smaller, handled the bumps pretty well.
I've had this thing since March, but I've only used a couple times until today, but I think its going to become my main stroller now.
Just had to rave, because its like I've found a new toy!!:)

csa12
05-30-2003, 08:40 AM
Hi Guys!
Ok now I am hooked on a new stroller! I have been going through stroller withdrawal ever since I got my MBUS, but now I am liking this Toni more and more as an indoor & mall alternative.

Where did you purchase it and what color did you get?
Thanks for the post! :)
Cheryl :)

blnony
05-30-2003, 10:52 AM
I bought mine back in February from babyspecialtyshop.com. they had free shipping at the time on them. I have the bordeux, its a very rich burgundy color.
I also agree that it doesn't feel that heavy even with the canopy and everything on it. It does fold/unfold very easy and folds up very compactly.

mamahill
05-30-2003, 11:07 AM
I saw one at my BRU yesterday for $199. I'm sure you could get it w/out tax and free shipping online, but you could "test drive" it at a BRU, if your local one is carrying them. They also had the Teutonia Y2K.

stella
05-30-2003, 02:07 PM
What a gorgeous stroller. And while $199 is VERY reasonable, has anyone seen one for less online? I will probably never see one IRL as we only have target, walmart and toys r us - not even a BRU!

THis stroller addiction really is a sickness!

blnony
05-30-2003, 03:57 PM
Thats what I paid, and I got free shipping and didn't have to pay tax. I think its a steal. I took it to the mall today, and it was incredible. I could manuever it between racks and push one handed while carrying a food tray. I am just sorry its been sitting in my closet for three months! :)