PDA

View Full Version : If you have a MB Double (urban or terrain), do you have another double?

stella
05-29-2003, 09:37 PM
Or do you just use the MB for everything?

I bought a cheapie avalon double for the mall or target, but it doesn't drive very well. 2 babies (40 lbs total) really weighs it down and it's hard to push. I guess what it boils down to is that those MBs really spoil you!

If money were no object (although it's a BIG object in my case!!), what double would you get to supplement your MB (IF ANY!)?

hipmaman
05-29-2003, 10:28 PM
Oye, what spoils me is the fact that I can have more than one stroller, lol, instead of have to 'make do' with one stroller for everything.

I have:
- a Mac Opus Duo for mostly indoor use,
- a MB Double Terrain for mainly outdoor, trails, walks around the neighbourhood, outdoor events,
- a Kiwi Explorer double for mainly travelling (packs better than the MB sbs) and places that I need swivel, big all-terrain wheels and that a sbs stroller might not fit too well,
- a Peg Perego Amico Sherpa which is a single with big wheels and a standing board for my 4 yrs old. This is great for short walk to the neighbourhood stores where my dd doesn't want to sit in a stroller but a tad far for her to walk to and fro. or for carnivals and fairs where she hops in and out all the times

I rarely use these anymore, but they are there lol:
- a single umbrella stroller and Buggy Board, but it's perfect for indoor places like the galleries, museums where dd hops in and out of a stroller often and the Amico Sherpa or Opus Duo would be too wide,
- an Emma Husky and toddler seat. We used this for when ds was young and used it mostly for outdoor before buying the Amico Sherpa.

And shoot, almost forgot my double bike trailer that can be converted to a jogger and/or swivel wheel stroller, lol

Did I say I was spoiled? LOL. To answer your questions though, if you can affort to have an indoor, compact, lighter sbs, in addition to your double Urban, then do it. If you can't see the need or can fund another stroller, then the double Urban can do double-duty.

Tam
http://pages.ivillage.com/hipmaman/

pamela mom of 3
05-30-2003, 08:03 AM
Yeah i agree with Tam asking some of us is deadly...heck i didn't even stop at one MB! :+

Um, the MBDU is mostly comparable weight wise to a graco duoglider..many survive fine with it...soooo i think you could if you had to get by with the MBDU alone.

Really a cheap kolcraft sbs ummbrella would do the trick *however* i have not pushed one in years and after the MB's and macs i dunno may bug me. Yet it's certainly the cheapest 2nd route i would go.

I guess if money was a non-issue i would say the kiwi and a MBDU would go well together..they steer just as good but the kiwi being a tandem can get you places sometimes where the most narrow sbs cannot go. Yet the MBDU has the full seats so it'll last longer in dble mode...i'm more fond of the new E3 the old style and me didn't get along fold is just too invloved and a few other minor gripes that i had, seem to be all improved on the "new" kiwi.....

So their you go my thoughts! oh and no as of this momment i only have the urban dble....ok the terrain dble too but she's outdoors only! ;)

ginalc
05-30-2003, 12:42 PM
I use either the MBUD or just push one in my Mac single, and carry one in a carrier. Another trick I've found is to put both in the Pliko seat, my 2.5 yr. old DD up front with the waist belt and harness (she's about 33 lbs. and 39 inches tall) and my 6 mo. old DS lying down in the reclined seat (he's 19.5 lbs. and 29.5 inches long).

I remember going through the "other double" issue with you before I got my MBUD. Yikes! I haven't invested in another double because I find that DD prefers to walk and after pushing all the others, the MBUD has definitely ruined me!

Just curious, when do you find that you would prefer a different double? What is it about the MBUD that makes you want another double?

gina, mom to 3

stella
05-30-2003, 01:42 PM
I LOVE the MBUD. LOVE IT. SO much so that I hate to ever be without it. But the idea of turning the wheels, folding it, fastening the wrist strap and hoisting it into the trunk (after having taken all my stuff out of the trunk and eft it on the floor of the garage where it will stay for all eternity now!) just seems like so much effort.

And when I'm with one baby, I love to take out the mistral or volo with one hand, open it using only my feet and that one hand and closing it just as easily, while holding the baby. I fantasize about life being that simple with a maclaren double or combi double or aria twin or inglesina twin jet.

But maybe the problem is not with the cheapie avalon or the MBUD, but with the fact that having two babies makes life difficult no matter what kind of stroller you have.

ALthough that avalon does NOT steer very well with two - and it's hard to pop it up a curb. UNLIKE my MB! or either of my single macs or my zooper walk air (which, by the way, takes up WAY more space in my trunk than the MBUD!). And is just as heavy. But works great on rough terrain.

WHat do you think? Am I just yearning for my days as the swingin', carefree mother to just one baby?? It's so funny now that that's what I look at as sheer perfection - not too hampered, a single mac. I don't even miss NOT having children - in fact, when I am without them, I miss having a stroller to carry packages or my water bottle!

What's the diagnosis?

ginalc
05-30-2003, 01:57 PM
OK, I hear you! I find the MBUD easier to get into the vehicle than my 2 little ones, too. I could do anything with 1 baby, now I can barely make it out of the house at all! LOL!

I've never tried the Mac Double, but I imagine either the Mac or the Combi would fold nicely and fit into a trunk space easily. I know that there were some combi doubles from 2002 for good sale prices, you may want to check them out.

I really tried to work with the Peg Aria Twin and even though I loved the cheaper price, after 2 weeks of attempts to get it folded quickly and easily, I always ended up botching the fold one way or another. Then, if I got it folded, I couldn't get it to unfold. Very fickle, that stroller!

All in all, with 2 little ones, I don't think I could settle for another stroller that didn't push as nicely as the MBUD. If I HAD to go for another, it would be the Kiwi E3. My GF ordered one last week so I'll share that info as soon as it can. I can't wait to see hers!!!

gina, mom to 3

ginalc
05-30-2003, 02:00 PM
I should add that my oldest DD is almost 13 yrs old now, so she helps alot. I find, though, that even when I have the opportunity to have her help by pushing a single, she would rather take the MBUD and push that instead. LOL! :)

gina, mom to 3