PDA

View Full Version : SnazzyBaby shopping cart cover has arrived and it is GORGEOUS (photos)

celfsh
05-31-2003, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the update. I've been waiting to hear what you think. That fabric really is fabulous!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

stillplayswithbarbies
05-31-2003, 03:47 PM
Gorgeous! I'm convinced. I wonder how hard they would be to make?
My mother sews and she was appalled that I actually paid money to someone to make burp clothes, so I promised I would show her anything else I was considering so she can have a crack at making it first.

What keeps the batting in place, is it quilted?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

zen_bliss
05-31-2003, 03:56 PM
i;m no sewing expert but i would guess it is the quilted batting you can buy at fabric places (not that i spend a lot of time in them, LOL, but i have seen it -- kind of like mattress pads). the brocade itself is not quilted. she did make a point of saying that it is not 'stuffed' and does not shift.

JennyA
06-01-2003, 10:13 AM
Have you tested it out yet? It looks gorgeous. Babes must love that fabric too. Jenny

zen_bliss
08-25-2003, 11:12 PM
wow wow wow... heavy silky brocade and plush cozy chenille on the other side. it feels quite plush & substantial. it is not "padded" i believe there is a single layer of dense batting in there so it won't shift nor clump after washing. there is a single belt that you can put through the back of the cart and around baby's waist. 2 side pockets and one bigger back pocket. there are 3 toy loops attached to rickrack in the front. the elastic base nicely forms a 'pie crust' scalloped edge that i would imagine would keep it from looking too huge on a high chair but it also has a lot of room to stretch for big warehouse carts. i can't wait to use it... i could post again in a few months with my field review, LOL. i noticed that she now has "vintage" cottons and toile on her site. i'm very pleased about the washable silky fabric though, and DH thinks it is so cool!

in the photo i used 8 oz avent & dr. brown's bottles for scale and a happytushies changing pad tucked in the back pocket, not that i would put it there, just so you can see roughly how wide the pocket is. rolled up with the strap it is reasonably compact. the photo turned out pretty fuzzy which doesn't do it justice but you get the idea.