PDA

View Full Version : Peg Aria Stroller

hwin708
05-31-2003, 05:58 PM
Hi!
This is my firt post here. I've been picking up everyone's great sroller advice, and now that I think I have reached a decision, I need help
I have decided on the Peg Aria stroller. I want a light stroler, and I just didn't like the look of the Pliko. The new BB book, however, says that these strollers can no longer take any car seat brand with the adapter bar (which Peg no longer sells). I could buy the bar on ebay, but I don't want to do that unles it works.
Also, people all seem to have differing opinions on whether or not the partial recline is enough for an infant.
I just don't know.
Any advice?

Momof3Labs
05-31-2003, 06:12 PM
Peg never made an adaptor bar for the Aria - it has always only taken the Primo Viaggio car seat.

We own an Aria, and I'm really not crazy about the Aria for a younger child (under a year). Colin is 8 months now and VERY strong and sturdy, but he slumps horribly in the Aria and fusses a lot about being uncomfortable. He is much more comfortable in the Pliko, with its extra padding and more recline options.

If car seat compatibility is important to you, I'd suggest the Kolcraft Universal Car Seat Carrier, and when your baby has outgrown the infant seat, buy something suited to your needs and preferences and your baby's comfort.

ginalc
05-31-2003, 09:11 PM
I attempted to like the Peg Aria Twin based on price and advice on this board. I found the fold ridiculous and extremely fickle. After 2 weeks I returned the stroller. The last thing I need to mess with is a stroller that won't fold!

2 days ago I played with the Aria single at baby depot and found the single folded exactly the same way. Even on sale (or free for that matter!) I would pass on the Aria strollers.

I agree that the Universal would be a good choice for a stroller that can hold a baby carrier/carseat, but all of my children were too hot in their carseats for extended outings (more than 30 minutes). They also outgrew their carseat carriers by 3-4 months of age. Not all babies outgrow their carseat carriers as quickly as mine, but it's something to consider when narrowing down your choices.

For a good lightweight stroller, check out a Maclaren. I own the Daytripper and it has enough recline to let my children sleep (from 3 months old) and is lightweight. There are several styles of Maclaren with full recline as well. My Daytripper is the easiest single stroller I own (I have a Pliko, a jogger, and a travel stroller too) and I can easily push my 33 lb. 2.5 yr old with 1 hand in the Mac. It has the umbrella fold, is only 18 inches wide, is great for mall crawling, quick trips, and has a great canopy.

Have you considered the Inglesina Zippy? It can also hold an infant carseat carrier and has a smaller fold.

Good Luck in deciding!

gina, mom to 3