PDA

View Full Version : Graco sungride with Kolcraft Universal Car seat carrier

first_time mum
06-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Hi,

We are first time parents and confused as hell...

We were thinking of getting a Graco Metrolite but now after reading some reviews, we are thinking of getting the Graco snugride infant car seat with the Kolcraft Universal car seat carrier for the short term and hopefully upgrading to a good stroller (Combi, Peg Perego etc..) after the baby outgrows the infant seat...

Any folks who did something similar and have good/bad experiences ?

Thanks
- SP

jd11365
06-01-2003, 05:21 PM
That's what I did and love it! It looks/works great with the snugride. DD is very comfortable strolling in it...much more comfortable than in my Pilko...which I know I will love when she's bigger. Right now she's just too tiny for it. The car seat system is the best! I will be very sad the day I have to give up the universal.

JennyA
06-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Go with the Kolcraft...it's TOTALLY the way to go! I loved ours and now I use my perrego pliko matic. Loved the ease of the Kolcraft and it has a big basket too. I have a friend who had the snap and go and the kolcraft is WAY better I think.

Hope this helps!
Jenny A

Momof3Labs
06-01-2003, 06:54 PM
That's what we did and loved it!!! Although we did use a different stroller without the car seat for neighborhood walks, but since Colin was born right before the Chicago winter hit, we didn't do too much walking until he had outgrown his infant seat.

lesliepear
06-01-2003, 09:42 PM
We had the Kolkraft with an Evenflo Cozy Carry. I didn't realize how big and easy to use the basket was, until I started using my new stroller and found the big fat diaper bag barley fits :(

friedmana1
06-01-2003, 10:50 PM
We used the graco snugride and kolcraft UCSC for our daughter and have loved it! She loves being in her car seat (although pediatricians recommend not being in car seat for much longer than the trip that you are going on - the head can flatten unnaturally if it is in one position for too long), and we are just having to move to a new car seat and stroller now. She was a tiny peanut when she was born - 5 lb 11 oz, and 19 inches, so this combination lasted a long time for us. Just be aware that the limits of the Graco snugride are 20 pounds and 26 inches, so if your baby is big and long, you might only be in this combo for 3 months or so. But, trust me, you will definitely be spoiled after this and want a big basket for your next stroller!!!!

Aimee

Mother to Leah 10/26/02

JP4
06-02-2003, 11:47 AM
This sounds like a great plan! I still use the Kolcraft with my 9 month old. He has a bigger infant seat so we often use the Universal carrier for errands. If he falls asleep I don't have to wake him for a quick trip into the store. The Kolcraft has good steering, a huge basket and is lightweight. I wish I had this with my other 3 babies. I don't think I would have purchased a travel system.

Ryansmom
06-03-2003, 10:20 AM
We used this same combination and loved it! The Car Seat Carrier folds very easily and the basket is HUGE!