PDA

View Full Version : About to scrap the stroller thing altogether!!!

Septmom
06-01-2003, 05:40 PM
Hi! I am a very confused soon-to-be-new mom!! I planned to buy the Peg Aria (the 2003 model seems to be better than 2002 model re: sunshade and parent cupholder), but after reading this board, I may scrap the stroller altogether and do the car seat/kolcraft carrier for the first few months until I figure out what the baby will like.

Does anyone have the 2003 Peg Aria, and do you like it???

Also, is there any reason to get the Peg Viaggio vs. the Graco Snugride for use only with the kolcraft carrier?

Thanks for any help!!!!

Momof3Labs
06-01-2003, 06:52 PM
I have a 2001 Peg Aria and am not crazy about it. It is nice and lightweight and folds fairly easily, but it is not compact when folded. And it only has two recline positions and isn't very padded - really only good for quick errands. Plus, Colin is now 8 months old and very sturdy/strong but still slumps a lot in it and fusses - so I end up carrying him instead.

The biggest differences between the Peg and the Graco car seats are the price (Peg is $$$$$) and the Peg must always be used with a base. The other differences are minor - IMO the Graco wins hands down over the Peg car seat.

Have you looked at the Pliko? The new P3 is getting rave reviews and will hold the Snugride or the Peg car seat. It is heavier than the Aria but MUCH, MUCH nicer for you and baby. Or check out the Zippy or the Maclaren Global.

csa12
06-01-2003, 07:03 PM
Hi!

I felt the same way about strollers and did not get one until DS turned 4 months old.

I was completely satisfied with the Kolcraft and it served all my needs as I adjusted to motherhood. I did not get out that much and if I did it was only for a few short errands. I even was able to take it out on the paved trails around my house with my two dogs. It wasn't easy but I did it.

I used it with the PP car seat and was happy with the seat. I looked at the aria but decided to wait and use the kolcraft which was more than adequate for my needs and cheaper! I got the PP car seat b/c it was easier to install in my car versus the Graco, but your situation may be different.

After determining what my needs strollerwise were I got a Mountain Buggy Urban single which I love and am glad I waited for it. I also want to wear my baby more in a sling so that may be an option you may face instead of the stroller option.

But in short, My advice would be to wait. I got the kolcraft for about $40 and it was well worth it.

Good luck!
Cheryl :)

androniki
06-01-2003, 07:53 PM
I definitely used a kolcraft for the first months. Now six months
later she out grew her car seat (graco snug ride is good till
20 pounds/26 inches), and purchased the peg perego aria
The only issue is the canopy. it is too small just like the 2002. so i will puchase a product called protect a bub junior sunshade that attaches on to the canopy.
Otherwise for a mall or around the neighborhood it is a pretty
good stroller. very easy to open and close. That is why i bought
this stroller and it is very lightweight.

hope this helps