PDA

View Full Version : Vogue good for second stroller?

nicknack
06-02-2003, 11:07 AM
Hi there--
I already have a PiXXel for the babe and saw a great deal at strollers4less on Mac Vogues in the cute plaid fabric. Would this be a good second, more lightweight stroller for us? It might also be one for my parents to use, although I might just want to have them get a Ponee or something down the line so they can just keep it at their house. I'm not too worried about it working with a newborn, because my baby is due in early November in the boston area, so I think we'd use the PiXXel more...although when do you think it's the right age to start babies in the Vogue? Because I guess if we were going to a mall for a while, that one might be easier to use.
Okay, sorry to ramble, just want to jump on the deal (parents agreed to buy it for us), while it's still there!
Thanks!
Nicole

momathome
06-02-2003, 12:24 PM
I have a Vogue as my second stroller and I love it! (Peg Pliko Sherpa Bubble is my primary.) It pushes like a dream and folds up very compactly. I would say, depending on your baby's preference as far as wanting to lay flat or sit up and see the world, you could start using this stroller once your baby is between 3-6 months old, at least for quick trips. For anything over an hour, your baby would probably be most comfy in the Pixxel, at least until the baby is a year-old. If the deal is a good one, go for it! Not many people are disappointed with Maclarens - they are fantastic!
-Lauren

lailashawn
06-02-2003, 01:28 PM
Hi Nicole - I agree with Lauren - the Vogue is a great second stroller! I have a MBUS and a Vogue and it works great for us. If I'm going to be out longer, I use the MBUS, but for quick trips or if I need something lightweight I use the Vogue. I started using it when my baby was about 3-4 months. I think it depends on your baby - my little guy did slump in the seat a bit initially. I would say somewhere between 3-6 months would be an okay time to start using it.

The Vogue steers wonderfully and is very easy to fold. I have also been so grateful for the one handed fold many times.

I would definitely recommend it! I think it's an all-around great stroller!

nicknack
06-02-2003, 01:44 PM
Thank you both so much, I think I will go ahead and order it this afternoon!
Nicole