PDA

View Full Version : Picking Diaper Bags and Diaper Bag colors??...

MamaKath
06-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Okay, I know we have hashed and rehashed the matching issues, lol, but here goes...:)

I have diaper bags that I like (match my clothes, purse or just my mood). I also have bags that match my strollers (not the same brands usually, but colors that compliment the strollers (red and navy bag w/ red Emma, Black w/ Sandstorm Pliko, etc).

Now I am on an orange kick! I don't own anything orange for myself, although lately I have been buying lots and lots of orange for my 15 month old son (Blue Jeans Mama says he can't wear orange every day though, lol!!!) and just find I like it. I am thinking an orange diaper bag would be an easy way to introduce some orange into my stuff without having to be an everyday thing.

So what do you guys do? Pick things that just stike you as something you like, because they match your stuff, because they match your strollers, or another reason entirely???

C99
06-04-2003, 04:54 PM
Lands End makes diaper bags in orange. A mom in my mom's group has both the Do-it-All and the backpack.

I only have 2 diaper bags at the moment: a light blue Lands End tote and the black Combi backpack. I use the LE one exclusively for going to daycare, because it's open at the top and is easy for my daycare provider to get things in and out of, but this design feature makes it unwieldy for slinging over my shoulder and walking around. I use the Combi the rest of the time.

I've also got my eye on the Avocado Roll from Petunia Picklebottom, but haven't gotten it yet b/c I will likely only buy one "splurge" bag and I want to be sure that it's the one I want to splurge on. I became a bag/purse junkie a few years ago, but I don't think I've ever paid more than $25 for one so maybe my cheapness explains why I'm not more of a diaper bag junkie (yet?).

zen_bliss
06-04-2003, 06:53 PM
our family favorite color is ORANGE! it's such a bold happy color. i have an inglesina planet stroller in fire (red & orange) and so have stuck with black diaper bags thus far. however, i will tell you my own shameful splurge secret: in prego month 7, i bought a huge $79 faux hermes tote -- ORANGE!!! easy-clean cruelty-free pleather! MY DREAM BAG!!! i love love love it (though it has only one big tote compartment and i have to rummage) its orangey goodness beckoned to me through the snack shop window. i only realized after i got it off the shelf that it is supposed to be Hermes, which cracked me up considering it was prominently displayed in, of all places, a shop on the ground floor of a building filled with law firms. if you want the shop contact info, just holler. otherwise, the only orange diaper bag option i can think of is the www.timbuk2.com messenger bag.

MamaKath
06-05-2003, 08:47 AM
I know what you mean about being a bag junkie! It seems to be my "bag" lately (pun intended)! I like the Petunia Picklebottom but worry about the dry clean only thing. It is so girly and cute though, kind of like the cool jeans in school days. Not necassary but so fun!

As for the LE bags, your friend has them in orange? Is it pretty and fun or loud and obnoxious?

Thanks

MamaKath
06-05-2003, 08:49 AM
So I am not the only orange fan!!! Yeah!!! It is a new obsession. Warmer than my favorite yellow, brighter and more fun than red. I am checking out the Timbuk2 bags today as well as LE. Does Timbuk2 sell laptop bags? That would be fun in orange too, hmmm.

Thanks for the info,

nitaghei
06-05-2003, 12:00 PM
I saw a messenger style diaper bag in the Lands End overstocks in orange. I've been thinking of getting it . . . . SOOOO sick of black bags!

Nita

egoldber
06-05-2003, 12:58 PM
Timbuk2 doesn't make a laptop bag per se, but any of their bags can be used as a laptop bag by purchasinf what they call a "laptop sleeve". My DH has one for his computer (he uses a Timbuk2 bag as his briefcase) and loved it. He also travels EXTENSIVELY and has never had a problwm with it.

They have a line called "Commuter bags" but they have fewer color choices. I would go with a classic messenger bag where you can design your own color scheme.

HTH,

MamaKath
06-06-2003, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the info. I am trying to find the "right" computer bag too. I love the timbuk2 site and am thinking of ordering from them. I did order an orange bag from LE. Can't wait to try it!

Thanks,