PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo travel systems?

SeekerMage
06-04-2003, 11:05 PM
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the Evenflo comfort dimensions or Journey travel systems? I liked them because they were light weight and so far all the others we have looked at are much heavier....the peg pergo friends of ours have I cant push because its too heavy and my carpal tunnel acts up...sheesh! Can any one offer any advice or know anything about the system?
Thanks for the help
SeekerMage...aka Kathryn :)

MamaKath
06-05-2003, 09:06 AM
Evenflo's and Graco's strollers tend to get bad raps around here! But the car seat by Graco as well as the one by Baby Trend get high reviews and Consumr Reports just rated the Peg Perego car seat very high. So first find a good carseat for your car. Your child's life may depend on that carseat at somepoint so choosing it because of a stroller seems a little less important.

Strollers- You do have some options out there.

You could get a Kolcraft frame which many of the ladies on the board really like. I personally don't recommend it since the recommendation is not to leave baby in the car seat for more than 20 minutes either side of a car trip. The reasons are breathing problems that can ensue, as well as heads becoming mis-shapen from laying in the same position all the time.

You could get a great stroller that accomodates your car seat, ie- Pliko, Zooper (Z- Street has angled handles, umbrella fold, extras, flat recline), Maclaren Global. This way you could use it as a system but have agreat stroller after.

Or you could get a great stroller and not worry about the travel sytem concept. Some that might work would be Peg Peregos- ATlantico and P3 which would fit a Peg seat, recline almost flat, have angled handles and could also be used with a navetta; Maclaren Techno or Vogue; or some of the Inglesinas.

How do you plan on using your stroller? What is your price range? What are your other requirements (parent/ child trays, air tires, big basket, small fold, etc)? How do you classify yourself after reading the BB book (mall crwler, etc)?

If you are sticking to Evenflo, I think the Journey system is the better bet; flat recline, bug mesh in hood, big hood, etc. It is a very nice low end stroller. I wish they made it more available without the seat!!

HTH

http://pages.ivillage.com/mamakath/mystrollercollection/index.html

sophiesmom
06-05-2003, 09:16 PM
I used an Evenflo travel system with DD (now 22 mos). I had no problems with either the seat or the stroller. The seat was light and easy to carry, and the stroller, while huge and a bit heavy, never had a problem. It always opened and closed easily, and never broke. Eventually I bought the Graco Kite Literider and used that for a long time w/ DD, again no problems with that stroller even thought most people don't care for it.. I couldn't really afford a $200 lightweight stroller...

If i had to do it over I'd probably get just an infant car seat and the Kolcraft Universal, then purchase a lightweight stroller when the baby was out of the carrier. But now I'm in double stroller land.. :-) Good luck!

Stephanie
Sophia 8/4/01
Anthony 5/11/03

MelissaTC
06-05-2003, 09:36 PM
I bought an Evenflo Comfort Dimensions stroller and it is great to use for the mall and indoors. It is NOT one you want to push on sidewalks or outdoors. I love the parent tray/kiddie tray, the huge basket and steering. It is light enough to lift without strain and I know my DS loves sitting in it. The seat reclines far back and DS takes naps in there happily. We began to use it at 3 months...

I use a Kidco Elan for quick trips and a Peg Atlantico for neighborhood walks, etc.. I bought the Evenflo between using the Kolcraft and before he was big enough for the Atlantico.

HTH!

SeekerMage
06-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Ok quick question...why isnt it good for sidewalks and outdoors?
just wondering....we are still trying to decide on a stroller and so far it seems the easiest to push...but then again we cant exactly test drive it outside...hehehe
thanks for the help
Kathryn

sophiesmom
06-06-2003, 11:49 AM
??? I don't know. I used mine for neighborhood walks and outings all the time and never had a problem...

MelissaTC
06-06-2003, 12:13 PM
I think it is the wheels. I used it outside a few times and imo, it doesn't handle well at all. I wouldn't purchase it if you were going to use it outside a lot. It glides indoors but doesn't do well on sidewalks, grass (terrible on grass), etc.. I guess I am just used to rubber wheels and the Atlantico has nice ones...