PDA

View Full Version : Peg-Perego Pliko Travel System?

baby4me2003
06-05-2003, 02:16 PM
I know alot of you dont like the travel systems but what about the Peg-Perego Pliko Travel System? It says they arent going to be in America until July and they are 289 dollars online...does this seem like a good choice? Is the car seat good? I think I remember Baby bargains rating it just below the graco snug ride. Thanks for the help
Lori

hardysmom
06-05-2003, 02:37 PM
I don't think people dislike the IDEA of travel systems-- it is just that lots of people are stuck with sub-standard strollers after their kid outgrows the carseat part of a travel ststem.

Not the cxase with Plikos. Pliko travel systems have been around for a while, so I am not sure what new product will be here in July. Plikos are very good strollers. The only downside of going with a Perego travel system is that the Perego carseat leaves a bit to be desired. It is safe, but heavier than others and can't be used without its base. That is a big deal if you travel, use a taxis, etc.. For example, I used a Fisher Price car seat. I had a base in my car and in my husbands, but it had a slot on the bottom through which you can run a seat belt if you were without the base.

If the careseat doesn't bother you, go for it. Plikos are great. If the seat is an issue, you have a couple of options. First, if you are getting a regular Pliko (not a P3) get an adapter on Ebay or SWAP which will allow you to use your stroller with other brands of car seats. Perego discontinued them to improive the sales of their own seats, but they still can be found fairly easily. The other option, which A LOT of us have done is to simply set the seat in the stroller without an official clip. Most carseats firt snugly in all Perego models. You can buy a strap to secure it or make one yourself. No biggie.

Hope this helps. Stephanie