PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelmed...

Lori in NJ
06-05-2003, 03:24 PM
I'm due over the summer & am looking for something to hold the infant carrier (definitely plan on the Universal Carrier for short trips) but around the neighborhood, I would like something to either hold an infant/infant carrier, yet be light enough for regular use after the baby outgrows the carrier. I was planning on the Graco Snugride but I'm torn b/w the Peg Perego (can someone tell me in a nutshell the difference b/w Pliko, P3, Pliko Matic, Atlantico, etc) and the Graco Citilite. Obviously there is a bit of a price difference on these. On the BRU site the CitiLite ranked VERY high and I've been hearing the Pliko has worn TERRIBLY for the $$$$. Any opinions?

shall85296
06-05-2003, 04:32 PM
I'm not an expert on the Pliko's, but if you are open to options, I just bought a Combi Ultra Savvy ($150 on babyage.com), and absolutely love it. It has the adapter bar so you can connect your car seat. It even has an infant carrier cover so it will match the stroller. I purchased a Peg Venezia before he was born ( 10 mos now), and I wish I had skipped it and bought the much lighter weight combi to start with. The Ultra Savvy combines the best features of the larger pram style strollers with the lighter weight umbrella strollers beautifully. It's the best of both worlds.
Good Luck

Momof3Labs
06-05-2003, 08:14 PM
If you have the Kolcraft, you don't need another stroller that holds the infant seat - rather, pick a plush stroller with full recline that you can use for longer outings.

The Pliko and Pliko Matic are the same stroller. The P3 is almost identical, but has angled handles that make steering a breeze. The P3 also has a child tray (don't know if the Pliko does). The Atlantico is very similar to the Venezia, except different fabrics and a different fold. But both are bulky when folded. The Plikos and P3s fold umbrella-style and are easier to handle (even though they weigh only a few pounds less than the Atlantico/Venezia).

I have a Pliko and love it - and Colin is so comfy in it. The Chicco 2002 is a good alternative to the Pliko, and the Inglesina Zippy is very similar and has its fans, too.