PDA

View Full Version : question for Ginamlee

mommyj
06-05-2003, 08:28 PM
Hi Gina.
Since you love your cotton zolowear sling, would you mind answering a few questions for me? I'm planning to buy a silk sling later, but I need an everyday sling to wear around the house and for quick errands. I'm looking at the cotton sling you bought and the KK fleece or cotton pouches.
My questions about the zolowear cotton sling are:

1) Is this a sling you'd find comfortable wearing around the house (while typing, etc)? Does the little zippered pouch part of it get in your way?

2) Does it adjust really easily?

3) Do you think it would be good for a newborn?

4) Have you tried breastfeeding in it? If so, was it pretty easy?

Sorry for all the questions. I just want to get as much info as possible before deciding to order this or the KK pouch. I made the mistake of ordering an OTSBH without asking enough specific questions and I HATED it and had to return it.
Thanks in advance,
Jami

ginamlee
06-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Jami,

I'm sorry that I won't be a good resource.

My daughter won't be born until September and my 3rd child is already 5.5 years old.

I do love the construction of the sling and the fabric. It is very high quality. And, as someone who has only used a carrier for previous children, I was able to put it on and figure out how it works very quickly.

The advice I received from others indicated that this would be a good choice for a newborn. I'm hoping this is the case.

The owner of the site does offer a satisfaction guarantee, so maybe you could try it out and return it if it isn't what you are looking for.

uccomama
06-05-2003, 09:31 PM
Maybe I can help with your questions:

1) I would say yes! The Zolowear sling is a very well constructed sling which really helps comfort wise. The little zippered pocket is in the tail and doen't get in the way. You don't notice it.

2) Yes, because it is an unpadded sling, it is much easier to adjust just so because you can adjust either side with separately.

3) I haven't used it with a newborn, but I would say it would be fine. You might like to use a receiving blanket under your baby to get them higher up in the sling. But it would also work very nicely in the tummy to tummy position which many newborns prefer anyway.

4) I haven't breastfed in mine, as my youngest doesn't need to nurse in a sling, but I cannot imagine you having problems with it in that regard.

HTH

Deborah

mommyj
06-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Thanks for your replies! I'm the queen of indecision, so I still haven't decided what to do, but now I can make a more informed decision. My problem is I want the zolowear cotton and silk slings and the KK fleece pouch. Hmmm...maybe I should stop trying to decide and start thinking of how to convince DH I need all 3 (or to buy them without him noticing).
Thanks again!
Jami

ginamlee
06-05-2003, 11:44 PM
I got the Zolowear cotton and the KK fleece pouch. Seems we have similar ideas. :)

Miiki
06-06-2003, 12:57 AM
Well Jami-

Here's my few cents-

Why don't you try the Rosado Sling? It's an ideal everyday sling. I think of the silk zolo more as a "special occasion" sling. Of course, I live in New England so wearing that about town in the day time would appear a bit too much! ;-) It's defn evening wear here!

I really loved it and Peppermint.com gave it a big thumbs up too.

The tail is sewn which I loved- I hate the bulky tail look whether it is from the Maya or the fancy Zolo. The rail is minimalist, the cotton breathes nicely and the fabric and fit can conform to many tastes.

I wore my daughter in the Rosado during a hot hot summer [01 in NE] as well as the winter. It can be adjusted from a close chest hold- good for infants and babes to a hip hold for older kids.

I loved this when my dd was an infant. It was easy to wear her in it and sit at my desk and work on the computer, cook dinner, walk or even go to parties or out for coffee etc and nurse very discreetly. She loved the closeness and so did I. The sewn tail of the Rosado and the excellent fit she provides really worked for me. I bought 2 in different fabrics. My dd loves the cheetah print still! She is 22 mos and will point to that one now when she wants"up please" .

Check out the Rosado slings at www.rosadosling.com or www.peppermint.com-

As with most sling vendors, both are very accomodating. I bought mine directly from rosadosling.com as I needed a smaller custom fit.

I did try the Maya and the New Native Baby pouch but I had to return them. My dd was hot, sweaty and I had the "albatross effect" weighing on me! My back hurt!
(I did not try the KK adjustable fleece b/c I didn't like the snaps. I may give it a go as it really rates high with folks on this site.)
The Rosado allowed her to be upright, with head supported and I was able to keep my back straight! No Pain!
Hope this helps!
Best
Miiki

mommyj
06-06-2003, 01:41 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at those websites before I make my decision.