PDA

View Full Version : If I got only one stroller...Techno XT or Deluxe Metrolite?

deananoelle
06-05-2003, 11:03 PM
Hi All,
I am a first time mom to be. My friend is loaning us an infant car seat stroller combination which she says will take us to about 6 months. After that we will need to get a stroller. I am looking for a stroller for taking to shops, generally wheeling around town, and getting in and out of my car by myself (not too heavy)and not too big as car trunk not huge.

I like the features of the Graco Deluxe Metrolite (cup holder for me); tray for baby.

I like the viewing window on the canopy for the Techno XT by Maclaren.

I also really like the Jeep Cherokee stroller with cool steering wheel for kid, but was concerned about its ability to go in aisles at a store and if it would be too heavy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

-Deana

ginamlee
06-05-2003, 11:32 PM
The Peg Perego P3 has a cup holder for mom and a tray for baby. It is basically all-purpose and people here love it.

Personally, my husband and I deciced against the umbrella handles of the P3 and went with the Peg Perego Atlantico. It is extremely similar in weight and function to the P3, but has a regular handle and a parent tray and baby tray. It doesn't fold down as small as the P3, but we have a minivan so folded size wasn't a big deal (and it is still smaller than many) and the regular handle and parent tray were important to us. About 17lbs.

A lot of people seem to like the Jeep strollers, too, and the features and cost are appealing. Weight might be an issue here, though.

mspacman
06-06-2003, 12:44 AM
I have both the Metrolite and Techno (older model w/o the window). I like both, but if I really had to pick just one I'd go with the Techno because it seems better made and just looks cool. HOwever, I'm not really a "power shopper". If you're the sort of person who spends all day at the mall and comes home loaded with stuff, get the Metrolite because of the bigger basket and tray/cup holder. Also the Metrolite reclines much more than the Techno, so your little one may nap easier. The Techno is really more suited for toddlers than babies.

They're both fine mall strollers. Maybe start out with the Metrolite, then get the Techno after your baby is a year or older.

deananoelle
06-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Thanks so much for your input, it really helps. I am not a power shopper, but husband and I are out and about alot. Sometimes just walking around, sometimes in target, sometimes in park.

-Deana

nola
06-06-2003, 12:38 PM
I need the same kind of stroller as you do to keep in the back of my car for trips to the mall, etc. I am carefully considering getting the Combi Savona. It is about 14lbs. I also looked at the Zippy and I really like it, but it might be a little heavier than I want. Lifting the stroller up to my tailgate will get old after a while. When I was in the store, I practiced lifting the folded strollers up just past my waist, as I would do if I was putting one of them in my SUV. A couple extra pounds seem to make a big diference.

momathome
06-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Go for the Techno - the new 2003 Techno is particularly nice because of the improvements in the padding and the recline is better now, too. I have a Vogue and I love it! Good luck!
-Lauren

lisams
06-06-2003, 06:40 PM
We have the Graco Metrolite, and the only real problem I encountered was that when you are using it with the carseat attached, you really can't get to the basket. It was a pain in the butt to get stuff in and out of there. We used in until about 4 months when DD switched to a convertible carseat.

HTH!
Lisa