PDA

View Full Version : Ergo or Wilkinet?

Miiki
06-06-2003, 01:54 AM
Hi-

I am in the market for a new carrier-

I have always been partial to the Rosado. Also have Hip Hammock -don't like but dh does- and a Hip Hugger but it digs in too much. Am currently thinking of the Hot Sling and the KK adjustable Pouch for front carrying as the Rosado has become difficult to wear while doing household activities.

I have Kelty backpack as a loaner and it is just too much for me.

So- I want a carrier that is great for back carrying inside and out.
I have narrowed it to the Ergo or the Wilkinet. But just did some more reading and saw the Trekker. Except with that one, the child seems as he is a little too restrained- the collar on the carrier comes up high. My child really likes to be free. She adores the sling but needs to feel unencumbered. Hates restraint. I also checked out Pack Baby and Babytieback.

Which is the least cumbersome? Easiest to use with the least amount of fabric? Quickest to get on and off? Least bulky?

Plan to use for day trips, walks to the market, around town and for cooking, cleaning & gardening time at home- when dd needs a little extra sumthin'!

I am 5.1 and petite. She is 22 months and 23 lbs.
What do you all recommend?
I know Deborah recommends the Didymos. I am not opposed to it but mainly I have hip and frontal slings I like so I really want to fufill my need for a back carrier.
Thank you!

I love this site! Reading the archives and recent posts has helped me so much! I have yet to see a site this informative, friendly and helpful. It IS the best! Thanks!
Miiki

ginalc
06-06-2003, 06:31 AM
Hi Miiki,

I REALLY love the Fleece Pouch for front carrying and quick trips. It is the easiest, fastest, and softest carrier I own. It distributes the weight of my 33 lb. 2.5 yr old evenly so that I don't mind wearing her while shopping. I would highly recommend this over others for a front carrier sling.

I actually loaned mine to a friend 2 days ago so she could try it out..........and I can't wait to get it back!

I'll be interested to see what others recommend for a front/back carrier. I know, this board can be informative AND addictive! :)

gina, mom to 3

uccomama
06-06-2003, 08:45 AM
For what you want the sling for, get the Ergo. As your baby is 22 months old, you are not going to be taking advantage of the Wilkinet's other carrying options.

The Fleece Pouch would be a wonderful addition to your collection (LOL!), But it essentially doubles up with the Rosado. I agree with you, the Rosaso is a great sling. I often recommend it, especially if I person only wants one sling. The Rosado can do it all very comfortably.

Deborah