PDA

View Full Version : Maya Wrap/Inexpensive Strollers

blissful mom
06-06-2003, 01:18 PM
Has anyone had positive experiences with Maya Wrap? That's the sling I want. Most of my friends have been happy with it, what do you all think?

Also, I don't plan on using a stroller frequently. Do you know of a good, inexpensive newborn stroller?

Thanks,
Donna

Miiki
06-06-2003, 02:01 PM
Hi Donna-

I know people who loved the Maya but I really disliked it.
That may be due to the fact that I am 5.1 and the darn thing overwhelmed me.
I really disliked the loose and flowing "tail" meant to serve as a discreet cover for breastfeeding. Also, when my petite babe was in it, she was lost.
I bought- and returned a bunch of slings until I found the ideal one for me.
The Rosado Sling. www.rosadosling.com.
Much cooler fabrics, IMO, and a sewn tail. It does have railing but it is minimal. Nothing compared to the bulkiness of the Nojo and the OTSBH.
The sizing is great too. Worked well with my daughter from infant to present- 22 mos.
For a cheapo but highly functional stroller- why don't you look into the Snap-n-Go LX and the Kolcraft- Both around 50. and designed to carry the infant car seat.

Good Luck!

Miiki

My2BabyBugs
06-06-2003, 03:55 PM
I just have to agree with the Rosado sling suggestion. I used one with my first child 7 years ago and I'm still using the same one as a back up now with my 18 month old. I used it daily for the first year of my sons life, and then off and on until he was 3 - it was a life saver for me! I own three of them and love them! The owner/maker is great too :-)

Jessa

>I bought- and returned a bunch of slings until I found the
>ideal one for me.
>The Rosado Sling. www.rosadosling.com.
>Much cooler fabrics, IMO, and a sewn tail. It does have
>railing but it is minimal. Nothing compared to the bulkiness
>of the Nojo and the OTSBH.
>The sizing is great too. Worked well with my daughter from
>infant to present- 22 mos.
>