PDA

View Full Version : JoggerStroller or Michelle & Kit or Mountain Buggy?

Miiki
06-06-2003, 05:33 PM
Thanks all for your help-

For my jogger et al, I am going with MB. Still not quite sure but leaning to Urban as it may allow me to have just one- or two!

Talked with each of these vendors and all were very helpful. Some had the edge over others as has been discussed in previous posts on this site.
Seems they all carry the same MB gear- 2003's which I want b/c the canopy seems to be better.

But man, the prices really vary!
I mean, clearly JoggerStroller has the lowest price. No S& H!
The MB I want however, is not currently in stock- another week or so.

I still have to verify everyone's return policies-
I have been doing so much clicking lately my eyes need a rest! ;-)

The internet is a beautiful thing- I use it primarily for research but still! it can really consume a good portion of my time! I like to try to get the ideal thing for our needs!

Have any of you had outstanding experiences with any of these vendors? As perhaps, an ethical point of reference, do you tend to pay more if the service is what you really
liked? I know I do- but I also am not the best with money. ;-o

I am inclined to look at the world as a global community and try to think along the lines of "it all evens out at some point"- or whatever that saying is! LOL!!! But you know- I may pay more for excellent service but somehow I think [perhaps a justfication?] that the good karma will work itself out in my life.

DH is pretty much flex- he freaks at the amount I might spend on an item, but b/c I used to be a librarian, he really trusts my research abilities. I usually do find an outstanding product.
Well 'nuff said-
Feedback on who to go with is welcomed. Did you have a problem with one of them? Or an issue with the MB itself and they took care of it?

Again thanks-
Miiki

hardysmom
06-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Alan at www.mountainbuggyusa.com (sycamorekids.com) is the US distributor and is WONDERFUL. When I was looking at MBs he answered a million and one picky questions. I ended up getting something else (a Teutonia) but will definately order a MB Double from him when #2 arrives, even if his prices are a little higher.

Lots of people on this Board (and PP) have worked with him, all with excellent results.

Stephanie

mamaharsh
06-06-2003, 06:20 PM
LOL, I'm a librarian as well and DH says I'm not happy unless I'm doing extensive research on something.

FWIW, the only baby item I didn't research was my high chair and I HATE the one I bought. LOL

Sara,
Mama to Nathaniel (10/01)

csa12
06-06-2003, 08:38 PM
Hi Miiki -

I had a very positive experience with Kit and MIchelle at Baby Outfitters. Do a search for the post "Baby Outfitters". In it I detailed the lengths Kit and Michelle went to when I bought my MBUS. I really don't think you can go wrong with either Alan or Baby Outfitters. But I just wanted to add my 2 cents about how great Kit and Michelle were when I bought my MB which I love love love!

HTH
Cheryl :)

Miiki
06-06-2003, 09:36 PM
Sara-
I know what you mean! ;-)
I had to have a lightweight stroller Feb of 2002 b/c dd was having one of her tough on me, rough on her week-long spells. So far- at 22 months, we've only had three of those weeks so not too bad!
But I was going crazy that week and needed a transportation friendly stroller. Also bought a lot of bebe clothes on ebay that week!!!
Rather than doing my own digging, I took a few friend's comments to heart- as well as the overall sentiment here in NE for Maclarens and went with a Techno.
Not that I hate it but the handles are too high and there are other options out there. Hindsight, by nature, is better than foresight, non?

We never got a highchair- felt it took up too much space. Had two snap-on booster type chairs she still likes. This past December though, we got her the Stokke Kinderzeat in Red. The best!!! I really recommend this to all parents. The chair grows with the child, gives the child autonomy, is his/her special chair and has a 3 point harness/belt too- in case you were wondering.

The 199 price tag is so worth it. [Granted, it was a gift which made it easier!]
I recommend this to every parent-

Anyhoo- Nice to hear from another librarian-

ciao
Miiki

4S Ranch
06-07-2003, 09:02 AM
I'm also into research and about to purchase an MBUD. I was just about to start researching return policies, shipping costs (including if I have to return it - some pay half that cost I hear) and cost of extras (rain and sun covers).

A friend of mine ordered a Dreamer Deign from joggingstroller.com and was happy with their service. But I've heard all the great things about Alan at sycamorekids and baby-outfitters.com

Let me know what you decide!

Shelly