PDA

View Full Version : Sit 'N Stroll

plk
06-08-2003, 03:02 PM
I'm considering buying a Sit'N Stroll to travel to pick up our baby we are adopting and then using it as the car seat in DH's car. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm a first time mom and really can't tell by the picture whether this is a good thing or not, but it looks promising. You can use it as a rear or forward facing car seat, booster, and stroller.

Paula

Kimberly H
06-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Paula,

My sister uses her Sit N Stroll at least once a month and has since her son was born. He's now almost 16 mos old and I'll get to see it in action when he comes to visit in 2 weeks.

We're in the process of adopting a baby from China and my sis can't believe we're not taking a Sit N Stroll with us!

Congratulations on your new addition!!!

Momof3Labs
06-08-2003, 09:05 PM
You might try the car seat board for more discussion on this product. Some of the comments that I have heard is that it is an okay stroller and an okay car seat, but not phenomenal in either respect. And it is heavy to lift a lot, but if you are just leaving it in your DH's car, it might be fine. Does he have LATCH? If not, then you need to use seat belts to install it, and the seat belt runs over the baby - it is challenging to get the baby in and out without undoing the seatbelt (thus requiring installation each time you use it). But if he has LATCH in his car, this problem goes away.

I think that if we traveled a lot, we would buy one of these. But we only fly a few times a year. I prefer to take our Roundabout and the stroller of our choice (based on our destination) for the few times we have to do this.

Congratulations on your adoption!!! I hope that all goes smoothly for you.

LisaS
06-09-2003, 06:11 AM
I have one and love it - to travel with. As others have said, its an OK car seat and OK stroller (works fine on smooth airport floors) but you wouldn't it to be your sole item for either function.

I use it when we travel - which is A LOT. We take a dozen + flights a/year and it makes travelling so much easier. I have also flown w/a stroller and a Britax RA and found it to be a big hassle but others will disagree. My DD also loves to sit in it at home as a chair. I have never actually used it as a booster though.

Its fine as a car seat (definitely can get a tight fit) but I have an older model - non-latch that needs to be strapped in every time. A newer model might be easier and if you were just keeping it in your DHs car after this trip, it would probably be fine. I don't have a car so I only use it in taxis which aren't latch or in someone elses car, and in those situations its fine.

Something else you may want to consider - how old is the baby you're adopting - newborn? I didn't use the SNS for my DD till she was 8 months. I think it is just too big and it doesn't really recline. I'd sooner bring an infant car seat (like the Graco Snugride) and a Kolcraft Universal Car Seat Carrier. If you plan to travel often with your baby, then it may be worth it, but I"m not sure its what you'd want to use on this trip.

Good luck.

plk
06-09-2003, 09:53 PM
Thank you everyone. I went ahead and ordered one. I figure if someone named strollerqueen used it, it had to be OK. LisaS, in answer to your question, my baby is going to be at least 5 months old or even older, before we get to bring him home. Do you think he will be too little for it? He weighed 14 pounds at 4 months. Thank you all. I'm so glad I found this board.

Paula

strollerqueen
06-10-2003, 02:04 AM
LOL! That would be ME! And yes, I love mine. It is on it's second child now. Come to think of it, is the oldest piece of baby equipment I have that I'm still using.

While I bought it for travelling, it is also the one I use in DH's car, for my 2 year old. (I keep a Britax laptop in his trunk now for my 5 year old.)

I started using it for both children after they had outgrown their infant seats. Don't forget that it is not just weight that makes them outgrow the seats. It is also height. My DS was too long for his Graco Snug RIde at 3 months, though weight-wise he was still OK.

At this age, I think the only other infant seat I would consider is the Fisher Price Stay in View. I had that seat,too, and really liked it. I forget what the weight and height limits are, but it is more than the rest. My DS was able to stay in that one for a while.

Unfortunately, they have been discontinued. They are very hard to find.

But there is one on StrollerSwap right now, if you want one.

strollerqueen
06-10-2003, 02:07 AM
I found the link for you, but I don't know if it is still available:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StrollerSWAP/message/2890

Congrats on your new baby!

zane
06-10-2003, 02:13 AM
I still like my older sitnstroll for travel too, Also, my 20 mth old loves to push it around the house with her dollies in it ,too. Was much easier for plane travel than seat and stroller, and also, great for NYC cabs!!!
zane- hi to all, i haven't been here for ages, login problems that stumped me, but fixed now!!!

LisaS
06-10-2003, 03:31 AM
At 5 months + I'm sure it would be fine. I didn't use mine before 8 months b/c I didn't have it.