PDA

View Full Version : MBUD - switching between swivel & fixed wheels

madzach2
06-08-2003, 07:35 PM
Hi all you MBUD / MBTD users out there :)

I am seriously agonizing over the MBUD versus the MBTD due to the swivel versus fixed wheel debate.

MBUD users - under what conditions due you feel you need to switch to the fixed wheels? Is it often? For example, can it easily handle going over street curbs at any angle without veering, up/down small steps to park/apartment doors, etc? What happens when one wheel hits a bump/pothole but not the other? Does it lose its stability or directional tracking?

MBTD users - due you find it really difficult to keep pivoting the stroller when turning corners - navigating through stores? Is it easy to "pop" the stroller up to pivot? Does it bother the kids - especially a potentially napping infant?

Thanks in advance for your help. I know these are annoying nit-picky questions but I have to buy my MB online and I want to be sure that I am buying the right one!

PS..This will be my *only* stroller - no option for a throw-away umbrella - due to space constraints. I live in the city and will be using this stroller every day over hills, smooth and uneven brick and paved sidewalks, curbs, minor steps, in/out of schools and stores. No jogging - just lots of walking!

Thanks again...madzach2

adamsmom
06-08-2003, 07:56 PM
I have the MBUD. I have never used the fixed wheels, and get a little annoyed when it locks in on occasion. I use the stroller to walk everywhere, on streets, sidewalks, pebbles, sand, curbs. HTH

hipmaman
06-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Since it's your only stroller and in an urban setting, get the Urban.

pamela mom of 3
06-09-2003, 09:04 AM
Your speaking of the doubles correct?

If so....since it's your only i agree with Tam..the urban

While i am sure some of this depends on your size as a person, but the terrain double indoors is way-to-much work! outdoors she is lovely but get into a place like walmart etc and well at least for me i had no arms left..

I will not take my MBTD indoors again...my single terrain is much more workable but when you get a combined weight in the double in a place where you are needing to turn all the time, it just isn't as simple as my MBDU.

The only time i have locked my MBDU wheels was in very deep snow after that no, i don't lock them. It's a very solid stroller but i would caution with any stroller on stairs for tipping for more in general uneven grounds i have not needed again the fixed wheel and personally dislike the feel of the urban fixed anyhow...it just is so nice in the swivel mode.

As far as i am concerned the terrain double is best suited to outdoors very rugged terrain and/or light jogging, the urban is best suited to indoors and moderate outdoor use.."urban" living so-to-speak ;) Either way, very well built, solid and very nice to push buggy's.

:)

Bsuperbmom
06-09-2003, 03:33 PM
I agree if its your only one go for the Urban!