PDA

View Full Version : Found! Inexpensive Side by Side Double stroller - not too heavy.

Alissa
06-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Hello, everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that I just had a great experience buying a new double stroller. After much debate, I decided that I didn't need a Peg or a Combi for my double stroller. I know some of you do and that's fine but I just can't bring myself to spend $300+ on a stroller.

Anyway, I had a really great experience with my first stroller (a Graco CitiLite after much debate about buying a Combi) and I ran into a lady at my local post office who was pushing her little ones in a double Graco so I asked her about it. She loves hers and I watched her pull hers open - very easy. She said she had not been able to find it in any of the stores but found it online.

I went to BuyBuyBaby.com and found it there. It's called the Graco DuoRider. It retails for $129 but once you click in to order it it was on sale for $109.00 plus shipping. (I paid $12 shipping) I ordered it on a Tuesday and it arrived the following Monday. It glides easily with one hand, front wheels lock to go straight only or free swivel, it has two large underneath baskets, a canopy with a peek-a-boo flap and it's as light as or lighter than any I tried at Babies-R-Us. The only thing it's missing (for me) is the ability to snap a carseat into it and a cup holder. The side by side Peg and Combi that I saw were missing these options too. I decided it was okay to skip the carseat thing since most of you said you carried your littlest in a front carrier and pushed the older one. I also figure if I need one that will hold my carseat, I can go buy a used double travel system for cheap for the 6 months I'll need it. (I have big babies who hit 20 lbs around 6 months.)

The features that were most important to me were easy open and close, as compact of a fold as possible for a double stroller, light weight enough not to kill my back lifting it into the van, reasonable pricing and general comfort for my children. I don't need it to last forever and I'm not worried about resale. I am the type of Mom who uses my strollers around the suburban neighborhood, at the mall, stolling along the local bike path and at the local park. And I use it A LOT at those places.

If any of this sounds like you, check it out at Buybuybaby.com.

Hope it helps someone out there!
-Alissa

Bsuperbmom
06-09-2003, 03:17 PM
I agree This is nice entry level all purpose double. I LOVED the one I had from 1997-2000. The newer ones are not as nice as the older Gracos, but I saw this at BD a few weeks ago and it is still worth the $129 IMO.