PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a fanny pack as a diaper bag?

adamsmom
06-09-2003, 10:56 PM
Any input would be appreciated.

ginalc
06-10-2003, 08:46 AM
I tried but found it wasn't enough. The Gap has a "Cargo Pack" that I considered using as a diaper bag, too. I ended up with a backpack instead.

If you can fit 2-3 diapers and a baggy full of wipes, you should be able to get by for short trips. I find that I needed more - cloth burp rags, toys, water for me, a changing pad, a change of clothes, and a dirty-duds bag for the first year (I tend to be out longer than I anticipate!). After kids are mobile and eating table foods, you need less "stuff" and can get by with just diapers and wipes.

gina, mom to 3

Piglet
06-10-2003, 09:21 AM
We have a Gap fanny pack that we use as our short trip diaper bag. That having been said, I would never use it around my "fanny". I've found a way to attach it to my stroller with one set of the straps (mine has about 3 sets of strap, plus an over the shoulder strap, if you want to use it). It is exactly the size of a box of wipes, 2 diapers and a small outfit. It also has room for 2 bottles, and a cell phone/wallet. We got it as a hiking pack way before DS was born and only recently found it to be the right size (DS is 23 months old and doesn't need too much stuff).

Marina

4S Ranch
06-10-2003, 11:43 PM
I carry a fanny pack instead of a purse/diaper bag quite a bit. I have a large LL Bean bag in the car where I keep changes of clothes, sunscreen, bugspray, hats, extra diapers, wipes, water, snacks, etc. But I keep 1-2 diapers and a small baggy of wipes, my wallet, keys and cell phone in a small fanny pack that I wear.

I find it's especially handy for quick trips and when I'm carrying my baby in a sling and holding my toddler's hand. I love fanny packs! I got used to having one when my DH and I were globetrotters in our former life. The most essential item back then was a roll of toilet paper.

However, I live in Dallas where we drive a lot, and I do frequent diaper changes in the car (I have a wedge and mat that levels the seat for easy changes). So many places don't have diaper changing stations that I find it's easier to do it in my car most of the time. If I'm going somewhere for a few hours, I take the larger diaper bag on the stroller handles, and I can either pack the fanny pack into the large bag or wear it.

Shelly