PDA

View Full Version : Solarveil sling question for Jessica.......

ginalc
06-10-2003, 08:56 AM
I see that since you've started this trend, Tanya at KK doesn't offer the padded sling in the Solarveil fabric. Would you recommend requesting light shoulder padding? Have you tried it without the padding?

Thank you,

gina, mom to 3

Calmegja
06-10-2003, 09:53 AM
Yes. I would definitely have her add the padding. I did for mine! ;-) I was thinking that yesterday, when we were out and about with the sling, that I was so very glad for the tiny bit of padding in the shoulder. The tail/rails are still unpadded, though, so you get that amazing adjustability, just extra comfort for your shoulder. I've also found that compared to my Maya, the lightly padded shoulder on the Solarveil sling stays positioned better, and retains the spread out shape over my shoulder/back that helps bear the load so much better...

I think Tanya's charge is minimal to add it, and in my opinion, oh so worth it. It does add a little bit of time to drying time when you've been swimming with it, but not much more than an unpadded sling would....;-)

daisymommy
06-10-2003, 12:46 PM
I'm so glad to have found someone with this sling so I can ask some questions! I just got mine (thankfully before Tanya went on vacation). It seems very scratchy, and I'm consideringing exchanging it for a mesh one. Does it scratch your skin or your baby's skin if they are wearing shorts? does it get softer after washing? Do you know how to wash it? I use Downy Free on my other slings, but wonder if fabric softener would harm the SPF factor of Solarveil? I didn't know you could request shoulder padding, and now kinda wish I had.

Calmegja
06-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Hmm... I haven't noticed mine being scratchy. I washed mine before I gave her the material to make it (I wanted a black one). I wash using Tide with Downy Advanced, fabric conditioner, in the final rinse cycle, and I wash in cold. My sling is actually kind of buttery soft. I can't imagine it would hurt the SPF factor of the fabric to use it.....

I haven't seen any contraindications to using softener on Solarveil. The softener isn't removing anything, it is actually leaving a slight coating on the fabric, so I can't imagine it would affect performance at all.... ;-)