PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any of these strollers?

smilequeen
06-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Still researching my obsession...a prammy, neighborhood walking stroller

Inglesina Magnum? Any input? Anyone have the sugar color in any Inglesina? Is it hard to keep clean?

Inglesina Emma

I can get an Inglesina for a great price :)

Silver Cross Mayfair (with or without bassinet)...my "first love" LOL, but not sure it's what I really need. The most expensive option by far...does it handle any better than the others? It's definitely the classiest looking.

Teutonia Regent or Prestige...main concern is the frame, are they steel? Will this rust if I take it out in the snow? The weight doesn't bother me, and I'd love a Teutonia, although they aren't quite as classic prammy looking as the others.

OK, I think those are the prams I'm "narrowed down to" LOL. Any input is wonderful :)

Nooknookmom
06-10-2003, 08:14 PM
Bump-someone should come along soon to help! :7

aliceinwonderland
06-20-2003, 09:37 AM
I KNOW, I am trying to research these same strollers, but I can't seem to find any stores that carry Inglesina around here!! I plan to be in Europe soon, and will go shopping there, I guess. The only solution I can think of!

strollerqueen
06-20-2003, 12:02 PM
If Silver Cross is what you love, then Silver Cross is what you should get. I like the Inglesina very much, too. But I LOVE the SC, so much so that last year I had one shipped to me from England!

You're lucky that they're sold locally, now. There is also one on EBay right now, too. So it may not cost as much as you think!

Good luck! Once you get bitten by the pram bug, nothing but having one will stop that itch!

mum1day
07-29-2003, 08:27 AM
How long can I use the Magnum? After researching this morning, I am in love with it. It says up to 40 pounds.

hardysmom
07-29-2003, 02:26 PM
I don't have a Teutonia Regent/Prestige, but I do have a couple of other Teutonias and can tell you about them...

Yes, they do have steel frames. They are powder coated and I wouldn't worry too much about rust. I have spoken to Heritage Baby, the only US retailer until this year, about the rust issue quite a bit... They are on the Southern CA coast in La Jolla (near Can Diego) and most of their Teutonia sales have been to people who spend a good deal of time around the ocean. They say they haven't had any reports of rust.

I would only worry about it if I lived somewhere snowy where the roads are treatd with salt and I did a lot of outdoor walks in salty slush.

Stephanie