PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Stroller - Jeep Liberty?

JustMare
06-10-2003, 08:59 PM
While on vacation at the beach (in SC) then to a theme park (in VA) I was constantly observing strollers. It's an addiction I have :).

Would you believe I did NOT see one high-end stroller the entire week!! I'm serious! Every single stroller I saw was a Graco, Century, Evenflo and Fisher Price (which I've never seen before). Oh and HUNDREDS of cheap-o umbrella strollers. Not one Mac or Peg to be found!! (May I vent here that I saw a Dad put a newborn in an infant carseat on top of a stroller canopy to make his stroller a double - and he was not holding on to it and it was not attached in any way!!!! - Moron!)

Now, I've come to a conclusion that this might be for a reason. These strollers have huge baskets for storage, cupholders and are relatively inexpensive if anything should happen to them while left unattended (which is often at theme parks).

This got me thinking. I really wanted the P3 to be my one and only stroller, but we travel alot and love theme parks, fairs, outlets, etc... Perhaps I need one of these type strollers to accommodate all our "stuff".

I was wondering if the Jeep Liberty would be recommended as a good vacation stroller. I know it's large, but I think the features are worth the size. Any comments for those who own it?

Also, where can I see the Jeep Liberty in person in NY/NJ? BRU carries it online only as does Walmart. Does anyone know if Sears has in the stores?

ginamlee
06-10-2003, 09:44 PM
We love theme parks, too. I went with the Peg Perego Atlantico because it has a pretty big basket, cupholders for parents and kiddo and wasn't too expensive (found a clearance). I've seen really inexpensive resale prices on eBay. I wanted the better quality and really get bored of seeing the same strollers over and over and over. (Probably a silly reason.)

The Jeep strollers look really cool, though!!!

nathansmom
06-11-2003, 09:59 AM
My friend has one of these. She likes it but everytime we go somewhere together she asks if she can borrow one of mine. She says that when this stroller falls apart she is going to buy a better quality one.

I have a pilko and love it. This is the stroller my friend loves.

hardysmom
06-11-2003, 10:26 AM
We travel a lot with our Zippy. Personally, I think Plikos and Zippys make fantastic travel strollers. You can count on them, they're comfy for the child, compact enough for convenience. I find the Zippy's basket holds a lot (P3 would be similar). Plus, these mid-weights are sturdy enough to hold a large diaper bag (or mesh stroller tote) over the handles if you need more room.

I can't say I haven't worried about it, but I have never had a problem with any of my strollers left unattended. In fact, I don't know if I have ever heard of a stroller being stolen from a zoo/theme park.

Stephanie