PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller Woes!

lbfoody
06-10-2003, 10:08 PM
Hi,

I am looking for a double stroller that will not eat up the complete back of my Jetta Wagon. I would like some room for groceries! If you have a Jetta wagon and a double stroller, let me know what it is and how it fits. Thanks!

4S Ranch
06-10-2003, 11:26 PM
I recently bought a used Peg Perego Microtwin, and I love it! It folds up so small (almost the same size as my single PP), is lightweight and is incredibly easy to fold/unfold and steer. I confess I don't have a Jetta Wagon, but I have a friend who does and think it would fit very easily. It folds much like the Maclarens do. I also like the 2003 Maclaren Twin Traveler, but it's pretty pricey. I think the Microtwin is more compact though.

HOWEVER, PP doesn't make these anymore - why I don't know! You might be able to find one on ebay, a stroller board or a resale shop. That would be a cheap option (less than $100 more than likely). I've looked at the other SBS and I really prefer this one to any other model I've checked out.

That's all I know.

Shelly

pamela mom of 3
06-11-2003, 08:13 AM
For a modest cost the kolcraft sbs dble umbrella would probably fold small enough for you, http://www.babycenter.com
sells them for around $60?

Maclarens would be the right folded size but the seats are rather narrow.. 11IN wide for the twin traveller, to me that seems rather cramped for such a pricey model it for sure i would test my kids in before buying. Some 2002's may work but you do have to watch for their oops i gave 'em 9IN across seats! Some were fixed in mid/late 02 but not as easy to locate as the messed up ones.

Finally your options of looking for a microtwin used or even an older mac maybe worth a look-see.

~GL Their a tough thing to find now! :o

ginalc
06-11-2003, 09:01 AM
How old are your children?

If older than 3 months, I think the Kolcraft is a terrific choice! You can often find it on sale at Toys R Us or Target.

gina, mom to 3

MomTo5
06-11-2003, 11:43 AM
I have the Maclaren Opus Duo. I got it at Dmart onsale for $228 and I absolutely love it!! I mainly use it for my 2 yr old and my 2 mth old but I took pics of it with the 2 and the 3 yr olds in it to show theres plenty of room. Heres the link if you want to see. HTH. Plus it folds so small for a plush double. :)

Melissa

http://pages.ivillage.com/momof4girls1boy/