PDA

View Full Version : Good lightweight stroller? Any sales right now?

mommyj
06-11-2003, 12:47 PM
I thought I was done buying strollers for a while since I have my 2, but I found out my sister needs a lightweight stroller. I'm hoping to spend around $100.
I've looked through old threads, and am thinking of buying her an Inglesina Swift, Maclaren Daytripper, or the Combi Soho. Does anyone have more feedback on these 3 strollers? My main concerns are as follows:
lightweight
folds pretty easily
is comfortable enough for trips to the mall (Are Macs as comfie
as the Siwft?)

Or, do you have any suggestions for a lightweight stroller that would be good for a 10 month old baby? My niece is around 27 inches and 19 lbs right now. What about the Chicco Ponee?
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you have. My brain is dead from making so many baby-related decisions for my own little one (due in July).
Thanks!

shall85296
06-11-2003, 01:24 PM
I went to USA baby w/the intention of buying a Mac Quest, but wasn't impressed with it IRL (baby sits at an angle - and the basket is completely inaccesible). So I test drove the Combi Ultra Savvy ( 13lbs), and was sold on the spot. I got it for my 10 mos. old to replace my larger and heavier Peg.
I got the store to price match BabyAge's price of $149 + 3.95 shipping (the total price was $153 which included my sales tax).

jen_jord
06-11-2003, 08:53 PM
I just became a member about 20 minutes ago because I wanted to get feedback on 3 strollers I am looking at buying. I was suprised and pleased to find your post because the 3 strollers you mentioned (Swift, Soho, Daytripper) are the exact same ones I have been looking into and trying to decide on.

I am not sure how good these prices are but here is what I have found so far (I have been working on this for the past 2 hours):
I have heard that the Swift is hard to find but I found it for sale online at babycenter.com with free shipping for $120. I found the Soho online at netkidswear.com for $100, and the Daytripper online at babiesrus.com for $130.

Hope this helps and let me know which one you choose :)

pcottrell
06-11-2003, 09:49 PM
I really can't speak to the strollers that you mentioned, since I don't own any of them. I have tried the daytripper and it was really nice and steered beautifully with my 25lb. son in it in the store. I was posting to let you know that you can get a much better price on the swift thru dmart, they have it for $89.88 with free shipping. Here is the link to it. http://www.dmartstores.com/inswifumstro.html
I just hate to overpay for an item, so I thought I would pass it along!!!

HTH,
Paige

mommyj
06-11-2003, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the replies. My mom and sister ended up finding several discontinued strollers at Babies R Us. They had Maclarens, Combis, and some Chiccos, but no Inglesinas. My niece slumped over in the Daytripper, my sister didn't like the steering on the Combi, and she fell in love with the Chicco London. They had a coupon, so it only ended up costing $55...and I was all prepared to pay $90 for the Swift or $115 for the Daytripper...not that I'm complaining! So now mommy, baby, and auntie are all happy:)
Thanks again for the replies.

mommyj
06-11-2003, 11:56 PM
I hope you got some helpful info. If you end up buying the Swift, the Dmart deal someone mentioned below is the best I could find. Another mom bought one from them and liked it a lot.
Good luck with your decision. If you can, I would definitely recommend trying out all 3 strollers before you decide. When I was buying my strollers I found these boards to be really helpful in terms of narrowing it down to a few choices, and after that, it really seems to be subjective. I always find it helpful to read through old threads on these boards. There's a lot of info about which strollers have what features, and what different moms and dads think of them.
Have fun shopping!