PDA

View Full Version : Napper Bars

masetane
06-11-2003, 08:31 PM
Because my Maclaren stroller broke (another post) - I'm trying to decide on buying the Mac Techno (I was REALLY happy with my Mac) or a Peg Pliko b/c child can sit more upright and has the napper bar. In a few posts I am reading, some people are mentioning that they like the napper bar. My question is why? I suppose having not had one with the Mac maybe I don't know what I am missing? Why do you feel it is so important to have on the stroller and as one person put it "especially for napping". If the baby is strapped in - it can't slide out anyway right? I've never seen the need for it so feedback will be enlighting for me! Thanks caroline

Momof3Labs
06-11-2003, 08:36 PM
I like having the napper bar because Colin likes it. And when he is happy, I'm happy :-).

Colin likes the napper bar because he can sit forward and hold onto it, chew on it, or put his feet up on it. I don't consider it a safety feature, personally - we use the harness on him every time he goes in the stroller, and that's what keeps him from falling out.

Some babies like sitting up, like in the Pliko, and some like being slightly reclined in the hammock-like seat, like in the Maclaren. Colin prefers to sit up, so no Maclarens for us.

hardysmom
06-12-2003, 08:34 AM
If your child isn't used to a napper, don't sweat it. Lots of kids get in the habit of holding on to it, putting their feet up, etc... As they get bigger, it can be more of a hassle than it is worth.

It is hard to plunk a kicking toddler in with a bar.

stephanie

am4graves
06-12-2003, 12:03 PM
They are great to hook toys onto!

Amanda

mom2kandj
06-13-2003, 12:58 AM
I, too, like Macs(have two doubles) and never really saw the need for a napper bar until I saw DS(14 months) in SIL's Peg Perego Milano. He pulled himself forward and to the edge of the seat and seemed much more agreeable to riding than when he is in the Opus Duo. His posture was better and I think he liked the view better too. If he sits in the Opus Duo, often he is a bit slumpy as the seats are a bit shallow. I've been thinking about buying an after market napper bar that clips on so that he can pull himself upright a little easier. Any thoughts on the after market napper bar? Thanks in advance!

Rose

abbysmom
06-22-2003, 12:42 PM
What is an after market napper bar and where do you get one? I have been having the dilemma of wanting a Mac but feeling the need for the napper, as my daughter really seems to like pulling up and holding on. I am now considering the Mac Global for that reason...all that I want, but a little heavy for a Mac. Any thoughts?

Emilie

C99
06-22-2003, 02:46 PM
I only have the Mac Global, so no comparisons to other Macs. I don't know what you mean by "heavy." It's fairly easy to push, no seat slope and reclines flat. It does require 2 hands to fold and has the napper bar. I actually get annoyed w/ the bar sometimes b/c Nate's at the stage where he likes to use it as leverage when bucking! :)

abbysmom
06-22-2003, 03:14 PM
I don't really think it is so heavy....just compared to the other MACS.